Thursday, May 31, 2012

Family Fun Day

With Presley only a few weeks away from joining our family, we have limited time as a family of three.

We are all so excited for her to join our family and can't wait to meet her.

However, there is something bittersweet about it.

It has just been the three of us for 3.5 years. Along with the "getting ready for baby" list, we also don't want to miss out on this sweet time with just the three of us. Also, we don't want to get so caught up with the baby, that we forget about our Brady. (I don't really think we will forget Brady, but babies demand a lot of attention and time. Three and half year old's also crave a lot of attention and time, so I want to make sure we balance all that appropriately as we all transition.)

Daddy enjoyed the big boy slides!!!

Caleb was off work today so we decided to go swimming. I had intentions of inviting friends, but completely forgot until this morning. Pregnancy brain at its finest. Mostly due to my lack of giving enough notice, no one else could make it. We ended up having a family day at the pool.

"Take my picture Mommy!"

When we got there it was so cloudy, but the sun quickly came out. The forecast said rain, but it held off until later. We ended up having a very pleasant day with weather in the low 90's with a breeze and occasional clouds, so it wasn't so so so hot.

Brady said, "I love it here!" about a million times. It was nice having Caleb there to play and help watch him. My ever growing belly makes it a little difficult for me to keep up with him. A very sweet lady even gave up her lounge chair for me so I didn't have to continue sitting on the concrete. :) Very sweet and much appreciated!
Swimming with Daddy

We swam for several hours. We all decided we were hungry and tired, so we left to get a bite to eat before heading home. Brady was asleep before we made it to the restaurant.

He woke up and said, "but I am not done sleeping yet". Ha Ha!

He ate and fell back to sleep as soon as we got back in the car and stayed asleep when we got home until early night.

We had a late lunch, so we may have had ice cream for supper. :o I am obviously very pregnant, because this is so out of character for me. LOL!

 This was such a sweet day with my little family. I am really thankful for the time, before our family changes. I think Caleb is also. Of course we all welcome the changes with open-arms, but are very aware that it is a change and things will be different.

I love our family as it is, but I also feel very blessed that God is adding another sweet blessing to our family.

No comments: