Saturday, My mom, sister, and a some friends threw a baby shower for Presley. It was a small shower at my Mom's house with close friends and family.
Everything was so sweet!
They did a lot of work, but I think everyone loved it and had a great time.
The shower was at noon and they had prepared a full lunch and served each guest. Everything was so good. We had salad, chicken casserole, steamed veggies, cream cheese muffins, strawberry pretzel salad, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, and whoopie pies with water, lemonade, fruit tea, and iced coffee to drink. I think that is everything. It was really yummy!
There were about 20 people there. We got so many sweet things for Presley. She is already so loved by so many. Baby girl stuff is so cute and fun!!!
![]() |
| Me with my grandmother's, mom, and sister.~pictures taken from my sis~ |
![]() |
| A few of the guests. ~pic taken from my sis~ |
![]() |
| guests observing opening of the gifts. ~pic taken from my sis~ |
![]() |
| My SIL Lauren, Myself, Mom, and sister Amy. These ladies worked so hard to make the shower a success. Thank you so much!!! |
I woke up at 3 am(my normal wake-up time these days) with one eye swollen shut! I moved to the recliner and finally fell back asleep around 4 am. I woke again around 6:30 with my eye still swollen. I took a hot shower and took some allergy medicine a NP friend had told me would be fine if needed. The swelling went down a lot, but my eye was still irritated and red. I was so frustrated, because it was shower day. I had bought a new dress and was so excited. It takes a lot to feel good about yourself when 33 weeks preggers; a swollen, red, lazy eye does not help matters.
You can see how one eye is smaller than the other in this picture. This is typical for my life. It is a good think I have a good sense of humor or I would have been mortified. Ha Ha!
By the way, it was just irritated from sinus/allergy problems. It is completely better now, but the sinus/allergy problems are not. It wasn't pink eye, in case you were worried. :)
![]() |
| waiting to open gifts |
I am so thankful for such sweet friends and family. They love our family so well. Caleb, Brady, Presley, and myself are so very blessed to have some many people who love and care for us. My love language is by far gifts, so I am always left feeling so overwhelmingly loved and blessed after showers.
I can not wait for our baby girl to officially join our family and use all of her sweet things.
For more pictures and details you can go to my sister's blog here.





No comments:
Post a Comment