Monday, January 30, 2012

Brady's Late Birthday with Friends

As I have mentioned before, Brady's birthday falls 2 days before Christmas. Because December is so crazy, it is nearly impossible to plan a birthday party with his friends and they be able to attend. Not to mention the added stress that puts on Mom. We did have a family dinner on his birthday at his restaurant of choice if you will remember here.

It just so happens one of Brady's best friends, Grady, has a birthday on New Years Eve. Grady's birthday puts him in the same boat. (I know Grady and Brady, we didn't know each other when they were born.)

We decided to team up and throw a late party together, since their birthday's are at such an inconvenient time and we will be inviting almost exactly the same people.

We originally had wanted a pool party, but it was booked way in advance(like 2-3 months) and we didn't book in time. On to plan B, we decided to have the party at the church fellowship hall and the only Saturday available was January 28. It has seemed like it has taken forever to get here!

 The party went so well. It was also nice to have someone to share all the responsibility and planning with. The kids seemed to love it!

Here are some pictures from the day...
 Thanks to my sister who hijacked my camera while I was busy to snap pictures. :)
Brady's Brobee cake I made.

Grady's batman cupcakes.

Food Table, the sun made the picture a little dark

Boys in the bounce house. Grady and his sister got this as a Christmas present last year. It was perfect for the party!

Our little family.

More bounce


Brady really enjoyed being sung to and blowing out the candles.


Grady did not and got embarrassed, so his sister Addie blew them out for him. I love how different their little personalities are.




Brady was so excited!!!




I am very thankful for this sweet family and the friendship we have with them. They are one of those rare families that all members of our family enjoy being around. I hope to have many, many more special days like this with them.

Also, thanks to everyone who came to help celebrate our sweet boys 3rd birthdays! Brady is so blessed to have so many wonderful friends!

Maybe next year we can have the pool party, but we will probably have to call in September. Ha!



No comments: