Today was a busy day.
A wonderfully, busy day.
We woke up and got ready. Then took a quick trip to Target to pick up something for my mom and some snacks to share at play group.
We went from there to my sister's house for play group. This was mine and Brady's first play date and to say it was crazy would be an understatement. It was crazy, loud, and crowded, but it was beautiful. Sixteen sweet babies sharing, loving, and enjoying each other.
Lunch was eaten, toys were played with, laughs were laughed, tears were shed, apologies accepted, and love was shared. It isn't always perfect with little ones, but it is always worth it!
From there we ran by my mom's work to drop off the thing from Target and say hi.
We left there and decided to stop by Caleb's parents house, because it was a snow day here and his parents would be home. We visited and played with Gigi and Papa for a while.
After we wore them out, we headed to the grocery store for some shopping. We made it home, turned on Cars 2, and put the groceries away.
Finally, I heated up some left overs as Brady and I sat on the couch around 6 pm and watched the rest of the movie.
It was fun. It was crazy. It was wonderful. I was tired. Brady was tired.
Today was a busy day for us. My life has drastically slowed down over the past few months that I have been home with Brady. I like busy and miss it most days(not the going to work, the busy). I think I am better with a busier schedule, not necessarily a stressful schedule, but a busy one. I am an on the go person. I just am.
After we finished our left-over dinner on the couch, Brady wrapped his sweet, 3 year old arms around me and said, "Mommy, I like you!"
He says he loves me all the time, but this is the first time I remember him saying he likes me. I like him, too! When I quit my job, several people told me I would be begging to get away from Brady and want to be back at work. Although sometimes this lifestyle is a little slow and low-key for my taste, I honestly don't want to be away from Brady. I like him. He is funny. He is sweet. I miss him when he is away. He is fun. I like him.
Don't get me wrong, it is not perfect and we have rough days and some days he tells Caleb when he gets home from work, "I am driving Mommy crazy." Some days he does drive me crazy. But even our worst possible day is mild compared to some families I dealt with at work or observe at McDonald's. Ha! You know the ones I am talking about....
Today was busy.
It was wonderfully, busy.
Today is what makes the slow, low-key lifestyle worth it.
I pray Brady and I can like each other more days than not throughout our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment