Monday, December 5, 2011

Is Your House On Fire, Clark?

One night this week, I went to a cookie swap with my mom and sister. Brady tagged along, because Caleb was working late. This is a trend in our family if you haven't noticed. Caleb works so hard for us!!!


 Anyway...

If you remember from last year, I am not a cookie maker. If you don't remember, you can read about my experience here

So, you can imagine my horror when I am again invited to another cookie swap. I decided I was going to be fine, because this year I have pinterest of course and because I have a lot more time on my hands. I began to search for the perfect cookie. I found a couple, one I had most of the ingredients for on hand and one required going to the store. I will let you guess which one I went with. 

Here is the pinterest pic...

Here is the pic of my creation...



Not quite the same, but whatever.

They sliced really easy. Here they are sliced and before being baked.

They tasted fine. If I made this cookie again, I don't think I would swirl them. I think I would just do thumb print cookies. I added a little icing, because I felt like they needed something. The dough was really good, why does the dough always taste better?

Cookie swap was fun. If I am invited to one next year, I will do truffles or something like that. I am much more comfortable with that kind of stuff.

Caleb and Brady have really enjoyed tasting all the cookies. 

No comments: