Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Festivities-Numero Uno

We had a great family Christmas!

It was crammed into 2 long days. 

Brady and I got up Saturday(Christmas Eve) morning and loaded up my car with food and gifts. We sent Caleb off to work and headed to my parent's house around 10 am. The first event wasn't until noon technically, but we wanted to visit with my brother before everyone got there.

We all enjoyed a yummy Christmas breakfast/brunch with my Mimi's(my step-dads mother) and her side of the family.

The food was followed by gifts. I find it really interesting how different each family and/or family gathering differ in the way they do gifts. For example, at this particular yearly event, everyone just rips into their gifts all at once. It is crazy and chaotic. I have no idea what anyone got, but Brady and Noah. Ha!

Brady was hilarious opening his gift here. He got a toy rifle. He jumped up and down yelling, "I got  a gun! I got a gun!" It was so funny. He also got a bicycle from my Mimi. It is a little big, but he will grow. ; )

Brady did well and told nearly everyone thank you without a fight at this point. The only time he really gave me any trouble was around nap time, but he went down for a nap fine once a lot of people cleared out.


This is a terrible picture, but after the boys tested out their new riding toys, they immediately started playing  with the bat and ball from the dollar store that is always at my parent's. Ha Ha!


Christmas Festivities- number 2 to follow.





No comments: