After church we went to Caleb's parents for Christmas with his family.
Caleb's family Christmas is so chaotic. Many don't show up on time, no one knows when or how things are supposed to go, and we are usually starved by the time the food is ready. Despite all that, it is always a good time. Caleb's family is great, the food is always really good, and everyone seems to have a good time. You just have to go through a little crazy to get there. It has become part of the tradition, guessing who will be late and what time we will eat.
To keep with the chaotic feel, someone passes out the gifts and everyone just opens them all at the same time. No one knows who the gifts are from or what anyone got.
At one point I was opening my gifts and helping Brady with his gifts and I looked over at Caleb and he hadn't touched his gifts. I asked him what he was doing, he said, "I am trying to watch everyone else open their gifts." I told him he has been around my family too long.
Brady was a little more difficult by this point. He still did good, but he had his moments of tantrums and fits. I am certain he was worn out, but we still have to be nice even when we are tired.
Brady fell asleep on the way home from church that night, around 7-7:30. We put him in bed and he slept until morning.
We were all worn out.
This week we are trying to find homes for all our new toys, rest up, and get all the Christmas decorations down and put away.
No comments:
Post a Comment