Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Buddy the Elf, What's your favorite color?"

I have decided  to title most of  my posts for December with Christmas movie quotes. 
You are Welcome.
Pablo is getting brave.

Yesterday, my mom had this brilliant idea to get Christmas pictures of Brady and Noah made. Brady will be 3 in 20 something days and Noah is 1 3/4 years old. I will let you imagine how that went.

Whatever you imagined, I am sure it didn't do it justice. 

 It was crazy, ya'll. I really couldn't believe it was that crazy. I am not exaggerating when I say my mom, sister, and I each had hand fulls of snacks and toys and each ran around launching them at the kids. I even paid Brady .05 cents to stand next to Noah. Not kidding.
At one point, my mom looked at the photographer and said something about this being the hardest job ever. She looked at my mom and said, "I am just sitting here, ya'll are the ones running around and acting crazy". Ha Ha! We were. We tried so hard to keep them happy and smiling. I can't stop laughing at how ridiculous I am sure we looked. There may have been a couple pics of Brady trying to catch food in his mouth.
Just saying... Its possible.

I am certain that a disastrous picture taking experience is a right of  passage into parenthood.

 We actually got some cute shots of Brady, Noah, and Marley(Brady's stuffed dog he sleeps with). Marley wasn't originally part of the plan.  Brady hates Santa, literally hates him, like he told me he did not want Santa to come to his house hates him. If Santa had been there, it would have so much worse. So, These are his first Christmas pictures ever! 

As soon as we were finished with the pictures, Brady looked at the lady and said, "Thank you" in the sweetest voice I have ever heard. I told her that is how he normally acts. The lady assured me, she had dealt with worse.

Toddlers are bi-polar. Not a joke. Serious.

  We grabbed lunch, because we were all starving after the Great Christmas Picture Disaster of 2011.

We fed the ducks and geese, which was supposed to be the "surprise" for acting good during pictures. Geese are scary. Just FYI.

Then had some frozen yogurt. 

When we got home Brady told me, "I had a good day, today."  Then after his nap and again when Caleb got home he said, "I had a hard day today. I had to get my picture made, feed the ducks, and eat ice cream." He also told Caleb, "I tried not to feed those bad ducks, I wanted to feed those wittle ducks."
(Bad ducks = Geese)

Who is this kid?

 Despite the crazy, it was pretty good day. I'll take the crazy with the good any day.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I had to LOL at this post! I can only imagine! I'm sure we'll have the same experience one day!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Amber, we know the feeling ALL TO WELL when it comes to taking pictures. Tuff and Gunner and all their cousins are all the age 3 and under. If you see us trying to take pictures, you will see ALL of the same things you posted and maybe even more crazies to add to the list. HA!