Thursday, December 22, 2011

...And we're back with all things Christmas.


We have been busy, busy. Christmas is in full swing! I am going to try to quickly get up to date.

Friday we joined some friends for a play date at a local bouncy place. The kids loved it! The momma's did too. I wasn't able to play on the bouncy things due to my current state, but I enjoyed watching everyone else. 

I did get nominated by the kiddos to take them into the Hurricane simulator. You can watch part of that experience here, courtesy of the sis. 

Saturday we had our yearly lunch for families in need with our group from church. We teamed up with the local program for abused women and children. We helped 3 families and 2 elderly women.  It went well.The families were so grateful. They were overcome with gratitude. Several happy tears were shed.  Brady did great! He was such a big helper. He really thought he was a big boy. He even walked out with the big boys when people would arrive to help carry in food and gifts. So sweet. I am one proud Momma!!!



My grandparents also moved  the last of their stuff to their new house around the corner from my parents. We hung out with them for a little while, before spending the night at home. 

Sunday was a typical  Sunday filled with Church and family.

Monday, I had my doctors appt. so Brady stayed with the in-laws. Caleb and I joined up with them after he got off work for a small friends of the family party. The food was so good! Brady was having a rough night and had a few meltdowns, which resulted in getting into trouble.

I will share my Facebook status the next day...
Last night Brady got into trouble. Caleb took him to the back room at his parents house. On the way, Brady says, "he is scared". Caleb asks, "why are you scared?" Brady replies, "because of the monsters". (it was dark) Caleb tells him monsters aren't real. Brady replies, "Micheal Jackson ISN'T REAL!!!"
True story.



Even in trouble, he is hilarious. 


Tuesday, we had a kid devotional/Christmas party. Brady has talked about how much fun he had since. They did a gift exchange and he got a Lightning McQueen car he loves! He was much better this night. When we got home, he said, "I wasn't bad, I was good tonight". 
Brady always volunteers to lead a song and a prayer. He amazes me.


Wednesday, Brady and I met one of my old bosses from work who is getting married and moving away in a couple weeks. I am so glad we did this. We had a great lunch. Brady and I grabbed some frozen yogurt and went to see Santa's reindeer afterwards, but before heading home and getting ready for church. 


For some reason, Brady kept asking to get his picture made with random things, so we did. I got so tickled at him. 





We have much more going on over the next several days, including a very special birthday!!!

No comments: