Monday, October 29, 2012

Trunk or Treat

A few things to note about Halloween 2012
1. This is the first year I have had 2 kids at Halloween.
2. My mom happened to be out of town this year.
3. I LOVE Trunk or Treat!!!

Our church had Trunk or Treat Saturday night. I think Trunk or Treat was the best idea ever! Brady's first Halloween(2009), we attended a different congregation that had Trunk or Treat, but we didn't go. Our congregation now(which is where my family attends and always have) didn't have Trunk or Treat. So... We did the whole drive to each family members house with a 10 month old in a dinosaur costume to Trick or Treat. We did it and it was fine, but we were all DONE by the time the night was over. Costumes and car seats don't mix!

The next year(2010) we went to Trunk or Treat at my parents church(our church now, also) and was thrilled with it! The next year(2011) we invited Caleb's family to join us and they did! They also loved it! This year we continued with the Trunk or Treat thing. They encouraged Caleb's brothers to also come.

It makes it so nice that we can say we will be at Trunk or Treat and if you want to see the kiddo's in their costumes then come by. Also we get maybe 10 trick or treaters at our house and Caleb LOVES to hand out candy so he really enjoys Trunk or Treat.

Brady's friend Aubry and family. This family always does a great job!
It was cold this year, but we kept Presley bundled up and Brady is never cold. Really he sweats more than any person. Strangers are always commenting on how much he sweats along with friends and family. It is so crazy! Back to it...

Our Baseball setup.
I asked Caleb what he could dress up as without buying anything and we came up with a baseball player, so that was our trunk. I had bigger ideas, but waited way to late to start on it. Oh well.
Best Buds!

Caleb manned the trunk, his parents held Presley, while I took Brady around for candy and to the bouncy things. I also had invited my grandparents to come, so I was trying to make sure they all saw the kids dressed up. I got a call that Presley was having a meltdown and I needed to return. I left Brady to bounce and dealt with Presley. I thought she was under control so I ran back to check on Brady. She wasn't so I came back to get her. She was not having the bottle, so I had to feed her in the front of the car while Caleb gave out candy out of the trunk. Ha! I could have gone inside the building, but she was screaming and I just went to the closest covered location. No one noticed, not even the girls in the car next to us. Success!  I then strapped her into the Moby around me and she went to sleep. I had quickly told Brady to stay near my sister, so I went straight to them when I was situated. She didn't have him. So I went back to where I left him and there he was bouncing and getting right back in line after each turn. No worries. I went to get something to eat, but ended up standing to eat it, because I was talking and trying to monitor Brady. I finally coaxed him away from the bounce house, but without his shoes. (I did NOT want Pres to wake up and it is hard to put on his shoes with the Moby on without waking her.) He was running around without shoes for the longest time, until Caleb finally got a chance to put his shoes on him for me. Did I mention it was so cold and he had no shoes on! Caleb's brother and family finally made it, but my SIL had forgotten Carleigh's costume. She was so upset, but Carleigh didn't care. It was CRAZY!!! Needless to say, I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but we still all had a great time. Even with all of all this, I really am so thankful for Trunk or Treat. This is so much easier than getting them both in and out of the car at a million different stops and taking costumes on and off at each stop.

Presley and Papa

Brady and Presley both did really well considering. I was a little concerned about Presley. But I don't think she could have done much better at only 3 months old, well except for her screaming the entire way home. I have come to expect that though. She doesn't always do it, but she does do it and it is awful, but we persevere.  I was so impressed with Brady. He didn't ask to eat his candy and was very pleasant the entire night. These things always run the risk of major fits and meltdowns.
My cousins little girls came. They were cute and cold.

 Life is just much more chaotic with two, much more than I thought it would be. Despite the crazy, it is so much more sweet with two. I mean look at them!

I really missed my mom being there. We have a great support system all around.  Everyone was helpful when I asked, but my mom just does. No asking needed.


Sweet Noah.

I think if I didn't have a sense of humor I would drown in Parenthood. Caleb and I usually stay up way to late laughing about the craziness each day brings. In my opinion, it is the best way to survive.


I had a few more pictures, but my camera is being silly and won't load the rest onto my computer.

Happy Halloween! 

No comments: