Monday, October 8, 2012

Staycation Kick Off!

Caleb got a couple weeks for Paternity leave when Presley was born, so he didn't have to use his vacation time for her birth. He does have to use his vacation time before the end of the year though, so he took off this week to be home with us. He has several "honey do" projects around the house and we have a few plans to fill his time as well.


His staycation officially kicked off on Friday. This weekend was also a busy weekend for us. My 10 year High School reunion was this weekend. We kicked it off with a tailgating party at my High School before the Homecoming game.
Thanks to April for taking a couple pictures of our family. Brady was being weird. He is 3; weird describes him most of the time.


My parents live very close to the high school so Presley and I went to their house right after the tailgating, while the boys enjoyed the game. My high school is known for its terrible football team, so the game wasn't very good. I think Brady enjoyed some one on one sports time with Daddy. I love seeing them do their man-thing. I have a feeling they will have a lot of these father/son dates in their future. I am perfectly ok with that.

Saturday morning we all got ready and headed to Cumberland University for an Alumni baseball breakfast. Caleb's college coach just wrote a book about the baseball program. Caleb was excited to see his name in the book. He loved Cumberland and has some great friends there, so he always loves to get back there. I didn't go to school there, but I cheered on Caleb and the bulldogs at my fair share of baseball games. :) We spent most of the three years we dated on this campus, so it brings back a ton of memories. His friends became my friends here. We took a quick tour around the campus. Brady wasn't feeling very well, a little snotty, so he was not really himself.

 
 
 
We grabbed some lunch before coming home for nap time.

 
 
Sweet girl was so so so good!
Caleb's parents came and watched the littles while Caleb and I went to the actual reunion part Saturday night. We always enjoy a night out with out the littles. I went to a small school, but there were a lot more people in my class than made it to the reunion. However, we still had a nice time. The food was really yummy and it was good to catch up with old friends. The girls did a great job planning it!
I stole these pics from our reunion page on Facebook. I failed to take a single picture. :(

Classmates that made it.

Classmates with dates.

Our table.

Brady and Presley did excellent with Caleb's parents, except Brady had a little run in with the bathroom door and ended up with a small black/hurt eye.

I had  a sweet baby shower to attend Sunday between worship services.

 We have so many friends who just had or about to have a baby. It is so fun and exciting to have so many friends with kids the same age as ours! I didn't stay long so I get get back to the babies. They made onesies and the ones I saw turned out so cute!!!

The boys enjoyed their Sunday afternoon and Presley did great! Sundays are usually her hardest days.

 
 
We are excited to enjoy this week with Daddy home. Brady has so many things planned for him and Daddy. I am sure we will have a lot to post about this week! :)

No comments: