Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Rest of the Weekend.

Friday night Caleb had to work late and Brady spent the night with Papa and Gigi. Presley and I headed out for a costume party.
I was hesitant to go at first. I didn't know exactly who was going to be there and I didn't know how Presley would do.  However, when I was leaving I was so happy I went. I laughed and laughed!  Presley did fine, she didn't even cry on the way home! :) It does my heart and mind good to spend time with friends. I love having friends in all different stages of life. I am a mom and wife. I love my husband and kids more than I can describe, but there is so much more to me. I love this life I live and wouldn't take anything for it. BUT, I don't always want to talk mom and wife. I love getting a chance to just be Amber and talk about something outside the world of mom and wife life. I didn't realize how much I needed that until I was driving home. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated. Ok. Ok. Enough of that.


I was a bank robber and Presley was my bag of money! So easy!

Saturday morning, Presley and I headed to my friend's baby shower. I went to college with Amanda and was a bridesmaid in her wedding. The shower was at another friends home that I worked with at Maggie Moo's in college. It is always nice to see these sweet ladies. I met a few new ones as well. ;)


We had brunch and it was so good! It didn't take a picture(should have), but they had little make your own yogurt parfaits in mini mason jars. I loved them. I was a little too excited about them.
The simple, cute cake.

We also made tie onesies. (no pictures) They had the tie already drawn on, we just drew in a design. It was pretty serious.  They also had a "photo booth" with mustaches. We took some of Presley with a mustache, but I don't know whose camera they ended up on. Hopefully they will show up. It was fun and funny.

She got a lot of diapers and essentials. She got a few new sweet boy clothes. My friend Jessica made these for Liam's room. So cute!

I always enjoy seeing Amanda. I am so excited for her family to welcome baby Liam in a few weeks.

Of course Saturday night was trunk or treat. You can see the post on it here, in case you missed it.

Caleb worked Sunday afternoon. We went to worship service as a family and quickly grabbed lunch. Caleb headed to work. Brady and Presley took long, long naps. I was lazy and may have watched a couple lifetime movies while they napped. Ha!

It was a good weekend.

No comments: