Brady begs to camp out in the back yard at least once a month. Caleb had promised him when he was off they would camp out one night. Sunday night was the best night for it because of some other commitments, but it was also the coldest night and it rained. They decided to brave the elements and do it!
They had a fire in the fire pit, apple cider, and popcorn.
Caleb posted this status on Facebook that next morning, "There's nothing like your son saying "I love you" multiple times when you take him camping, even if it is only in the back yard.". So sweet.
I think it is safe to say they had a great night. I am so proud of the daddy Caleb is. I love that he makes it a priority to spend time with his children.
Caleb texted this picture to me Monday morning. Brady was sound asleep and bundled up in his sleeping bag.
Caleb made us all pancakes for brunch and we spent the rest of the day being lazy and recovering from the weekend. Mondays are one of my favorite parts of this Stay at Home Mom gig. I do not take them for granted. I remember all to well the exhaustion and crankiness that Monday's can hold with little ones to get to daycare and a Mommy to get to work.
Presley did remarkably well this weekend, but it was all over come Sunday night and Monday. She cried off and on all night Sunday night and Monday. We had some really yummy lasagna for lunch Sunday, but it was full of onions, garlic, seasonings, sausage, tomato sauce, and other strong flavor foods. I have been trying to go easy on the strong flavors, because I suspected they hurt her tummy. My suspicions were confirmed Sunday night and Monday. She would scream and scream and was completely inconsolable. It was pitiful! Caleb and I took turns trying to console her. She got a little relieve from a baby massage and when I would tuck her legs up to her chest, but it didn't work every time. Then she would finally have a little gas and be happy as a lark, until the next spell. The lasagna was some of the best I have ever eaten, but we all paid for it in the coming days with the crying. Lesson learned. By Tuesday afternoon her tummy was much better and the screaming had ended. It made for a much better day! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment