Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Yesterday was just a normal day at our house. I had a few errands to run. Brady loves corn dogs and Sonic had $.50 corn dogs for Halloween. I rarely let him get a corn dog, so he was pretty excited to have that for lunch.


 
Presley had no idea the day was any different. I have put her in the activity center a few times this week. She seems to like it. She has awesome head control, so she does really well in it.
As I mentioned before, we did Trunk or Treat on Saturday as our "Halloween". I had thought if Brady wanted we would take him down the street before church to Trick or Treat. My parents were out of town and weren't able to be at Trunk or Treat so they wanted us to come by their house so Brady could trick or treat them. We ended up just going straight there. We made one stop at my uncles house on the way. When we got to my parent's Brady was done. He took his costume off pretty soon after we got there. He was content with his few pieces of candy. We went to church as normal and Brady got a few treat bags there as well. We have enough candy for a while, but not an abundance.  I love all the holidays and the fun they can bring, but I do not like how they can get excessive. We want Brady to be thankful and appreciative. That is hard when you get tons and tons of candy. I am happy we stopped when we did. I really struggle with letting them enjoy the holidays and teaching them generosity and it isn't about more and more stuff.

Brady being a weirdo in his costume. I tried to get him to pose, but he was being silly.
 
 
Presley girl in her Halloween outfit. She looked so cute in it! She is so chunky! Look at that double chin.
 
Sweet story: My parents gave him $5 in his treat bag. My mom asked what he wanted to do with it, if he was going to save it. He very quickly replied, "No, I am going to put it in my jar for the kids that don't have mommy's and daddy's."  We have a container we have been putting spare change in to donate to a local children's home. I have been amazed with Brady and how much he wants to give to these kids. He volunteers to put money in it on his own all the time. This was just something we thought would help teach him about how blessed he is and how we should give. It has really made him think. I always hope he stays this generous and sweet!!! As soon as we got home he dug it out of his bucket and put it in the jar. Sweet boy! He is such a blessing to us!!!

No comments: