![]() |
| Dress rehearsal the night before. I had to make sure everything fit and see her in her outfit! |
*Let us take a moment and praise what a wonderful daddy and husband he is. *
Thank you, Carry on.
Brady was only 2 days old on his 1st Christmas, so we didn't get to do any "first Christmas" activities with him until his 2nd Christmas. By then Brady was terrified of Santa!
Well, He still is.
I can relate, I mean we are asking a little kid to sit on a strange man's lap and tell him all our desires. Anyone else thinking of Will Ferrell as Elf calling Santa out for smelling of beef and cheese??? A little creepy, right? Uhm, Stranger Danger?
Moving on, We talked to him a little about Santa before they went. He told me he was NOT getting his picture with Santa. I had decided that Caleb should tell him it is all pretend, so he won't be so scared. (I don't care if he actually buys into the whole Santa thing or not. It is fun, but I don't want to traumatize the kid.) Then I had an idea. I asked Brady if he could just stand next to Santa while Presley sat in Santa's lap. At first he wasn't sure, then he compromised and agreed to stand next to Santa while Presley sat. I guess he felt like he needed to be close enough to protect little sister. After all we don't want that creepy man taking off with our baby.
This is our very first picture with Santa! This was a small town Santa, so he doesn't look creepy to me. This isn't the picture they bought, but the one that was sent to me on my phone.
I am told Presley turned on her charm. Caleb said she had the place oohing and ahhing at her sweet smiles! I think he was a proud daddy!
One night while we were questioning Brady if he would sit in Santa's lap, he responded with a question. "Is Santa just someone in a costume?" We asked what he thought and he said he thought it was. We left it at that. A few days later he asked how Santa would get in out house because we don't have a fireplace. We asked what he thought. He said, "the door!" Again, we just left it at that. I am not sure he knows what to think of Santa.
Still it is fun to have a Santa picture with both my babies...
By the way I made Presley's bow the night before. I couldn't find one I liked so I just whipped that one up. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment