Presley is 4 months old today. She is really beginning to have an individual personality. She is acting more and more like a tiny person, rather than a newborn. She is interacting with us so much.
My parents got this hat for her in California last week. I know I am biased, but she is so cute. I just can't stand it. She looks so much like Brady, it is crazy!!!
Today is also Poppi's birthday! We have some fun family time planned for this weekend.
Love those big, chunky legs.
At 4 months Presley is...
- nursing every 3-4 hours, about 6 times a day. I don't always keep up, just feed her when she shows signs of hunger. When I go back and count it is about 6 times most days.
- taking one bottle at night before bath and bed, about 4-6 oz. of breast milk.
- sleeping from 9pm - 6am consistently. She occasionally sleeps until 7. One day she slept until 8!!! Sometimes it is a little earlier.
- occasionally she wakes up in the night. I hear her moving around, but she usually falls back to sleep on her own. :)
![]() |
| This picture is so funny to me. She is like, I don't want to do this every month! |
- still struggling to roll all the way over. It is so sad and funny to watch. I keep videoing because I think she will do it, but she just falls right back over. I have to hold Brady back from just giving her a little push over. She is so so so close!
- still loving Mommy, but is warming up to others. She has had some tummy discomfort, which I think was a big part of her clingyness and screaming fits. I have avoided ALL caffeine and onions, peppers, garlic, and other strong spices for about 3 weeks as much as possible. She seems to be doing so much better!
- watching Brady's EVERY move!!!! She can not take her eyes off of him. It is so sweet. He is really sweet to her most of the time as well.
- taking 2-3 long naps most days. Every now and then she adds a few short naps in instead or in addition to.
- loving bath time! At 6-7 pm every night she starts grunting and whining until you put her in the bath. It is so funny.
- wearing a few 3 month clothes, but mostly 3-6 months and a couple 6 month things. Most of the 6 months stuff is still so big!
- wearing size 2 diapers. I think we will be in them for a while.
- cooing, squealing, laughing, smiling, and "talking" every chance she gets.
- drooling and gnawing on everything. I wouldn't be surprised if a little toothy showed up soon, but realize it could be a few more months.
- grasping things in her hand and bringing it to her mouth. It isn't really a smooth process, but she can do it. She loves to grab my hair.
- doing crunches when laying on her back.
- screams with delight or to get your attention. It is funny, but a little annoying. :)
- trying to sit up unsupported. She topples over a little, but she is trying.
- bearing weight on legs and holding head up very well.
- blowing raspberries on occasion.
- turns towards Mommy's voice in a room and follows me with her eyes. She does this to others to, but more consistently with me.
I love this picture below, because I was singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to her with hand motions. She looked at me and attempted to move her hand too! She hasn't ever done that before. I was so happy I had a picture of it.
She is getting more and more fun each day. We all are so crazy about her. Brady loves her so much and talks so sweet to her. Things like, "you are talky talky today", "its ok little girlie", "here is bunny, you love bunny", and "are you hungry?, don't cry mommy is coming" are some of my favorite things I have overheard him say to her.
She looks so different to me this month. Usually I don't see a lot of change from month to month in the pictures.
We drag her around everywhere and she is hanging in there like a champ. She has her meltdowns and she is really attached to me, but overall she does really good for everything we put her through. The next few months are only going to get crazier, so I hope she is ready for it. I know the next few months will fly by due to the crazy and holidays, so I am trying to savor each moment with her and her brother.
I remember this moment with Brady so clearly! It seems like it was just yesterday! He was so fun around this age. I think they look a lot alike!! What do y'all think?
Brady's 4 month post is here. (I started cereal at 4 months with Brady and could with Presley. She has had so much trouble with her tummy and is sleeping/nursing so well, I am planning to wait closer to 6 months. She stays satisfied with the milk. Physically she is ready. She watches everything we put in our mouths, so I might not make it all the way to 6 months.)
I couldn't get a good picture of both of them today. It is getting harder and harder each month.
Happy 4 Months Presley!!!
We love you sweet girl!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment