Monday, June 11, 2012

VBS 2012, Day one... and two

Day One:
The morning started off with Brady still asleep at 7 am. Brady is an early riser, like the sun is up, he is up early riser. So, this was very out of character.

I had originally planned to get there earlier, but changed my mind in order to let Brady sleep. I figured he must need it, because he never sleeps past 7. I had to wake him at 7:45 am, because we had to leave at 8.

At 8:10 we were out the door. Ha Ha!

Brady was not in the best of moods and did not want his picture made this morning. This is all I got.
2012

Oh well. Here he is last year the first day of VBS.
2011

Brady studied about the 10 Commandments and Wondering in the Wilderness.

My sister is teaching his class and I think he had a pretty good time. We had a total of 278 in attendance on Monday.

He LOVED the puppet show and of course the cookies!!

I survived my first day of class, despite the fact that I dropped an entire jug of Kool-aid and it went every where in the stair well. I have great helpers and the kids were good also. I had 14 kids and 2 helpers.  I was tired, but the day was much better than expected.
This was my impromptu burning bush, because there just happened to be a plant in my classroom.

I went to post this last night and realized I had left my camera at the church, so I have added Day 2 also.


Day Two

Brady woke up like normal and was ready to go as soon as possible.

Still not wanting his picture made, but looking so big!! Sorry for the poor quality.
His class studied about Baby Moses.
We were early so Brady made friends with Thomas. He is in my Kindergarten class. They were so focused and sweet.

We had a total of 280 in attendance today.

Again, he loved the puppets. I saw him really getting into some of the songs also. The cookies and Kool-aid are a huge hit each day.

My class was WILD today. They are still pretty good, just so wild and loud. I had 13 today. We had to calm them down often. I am super tired today again. The kids all seem to be having a great time and are learning so much. That makes it all worth it. I may say something different come Friday, Ha Ha!!!


I have a Dr appointment tomorrow soon after VBS and I am excited to hear what the Dr says.

No comments: