Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby Talk- 38 Weeks

38 Weeks!!!
Less than one week until we meet our baby girl. I am so beyond ready. The heat and the swelling of my hands and feet are really getting to me. This week we are having record breaking high temperatures.
Channel 4 News

 Fortunately, we have a very low key week planned with the exception of an outdoor wedding to attend Saturday night.  Hopefully the week will go quickly and we will welcome our sweet girl on Monday. I can not believe it is so close!!!

I think the way this white shirt drapes makes me look huge. My belly is pretty large, though.
The comments have really picked up over the past couple weeks. People really seem to enjoy telling me how miserable I must feel and how large my baby is going to be. Overall, I have gotten more positive comments than negative this time around, well, until the past few weeks.
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 weeks

Size of baby: length of a leek
.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: up about 21-23 lbs, depends on the scale.

Clothes: If I can get away with wearing a maternity tank, Caleb's t-shirt, or my maternity shorts for the next week, I will be.

Gender: Girl! Presley Lynn Barrett

Movement: still about the same, very uncomfortable, she is still moving a lot and there just isn't enough room.

Sleep: not so great.

What I miss: feeling normal. I want to be able to bend and function normal. I want my body back.


Cravings:  Whatever someone else wants to fix me. :) Still staying thirsty.

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions. They are getting stronger and sometimes are a little painful, but nothing regular. Many, many other unpleasant things...

Best Moment this week: Getting last minute things taken care of before she comes, spending time with Brady, and resting.

What am I looking forward to: meeting our baby girl. It is so close. I can not wait!!!

No comments: