Friday, June 8, 2012

Clean your room...

I asked Brady today to clean his room.

He replied with "okay, then can I play the Wii?".

I told him if he cleaned his room, yes he could play the Wii.

Cut to a few hours later and his room was still not clean. (Not that I expected it to be really, after all, he had spent a total of approximately 5 minutes in his room over a 2 hour period.)

I asked him again to clean his room.

Same conversation about the Wii followed.

I went into another room and returned to find Brady sitting on the couch.

He looked up at me with a sweet grin that usually means I have, am thinking about, or going to do something you aren't going to like, but I am so stinking cute maybe you won't care. You know the look. It is a dangerous and incredibly frustrating look, sprinkled with a bit of cuteness.

The words that followed that all to familiar look were something along the lines of "I don't want to clean my room so I locked the door."

Not comprehending the statement, I immediately went to his room.

I went to turn the knob, but to my surprise it would not turn.

Comprehension sinking in, I asked the question, "Did you lock your door and then close it?"

"Yes, I did, because I don't want to clean my room." in a normal, matter of fact voice.

The words that followed I can not repeat, because I am not quite sure what they were. Not that they were bad words, I was so mad, I am just not sure what they were. I know there was a lot of big trouble, never ever do that, and what were you thinking. I believe a few dramatic now you are never going to be able to get in your room agains were involved.

I tried to break in, but my 9 month pregnant angry self has zero patience. It left me frustrated.

Fortunately, Caleb was on his way home and he quickly worked the lock.

Here we are at the end of the day and the room has yet to be cleaned, no one has played Wii, and I am certain Brady has officially declared mommy crazy!

I know one thing, I am not cleaning that room.

Caleb always says I am not sure which one of us(me or Brady) is more stubborn.

Moral of the story: Remove all locks from interior doors, except from Mommy and Daddy's room, before having children.

Unfortunately, I have to give the little guy credit for not throwing a fit or acting out. He saw a solution to his problem and found a creative way to fix it. As much as I hate to admit it, it was pretty genius for a 3 year old.

No comments: