Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Talk- 35 Weeks

35 Weeks
Looking Large

Just 4 weeks until the c-section. I am so ready. I have reached THAT point. Some days are harder than others, but I am pretty miserable.

I know pregnancy is a blessing! I truly believe it is! I know so many women that would love to experience it, all of it. I feel incredibly blessed to have experienced it twice without major problems! Caleb, Brady, and I prayed for this baby and pregnancy from before it happened. It is exactly what we asked for and I do not take it for granted at all. Believe me!

But it is time. I compare it to when parents are ready for their child to move out. They love their child. They have done everything in there power to raise and teach that child to be an independent, capable adult. However, sooner or later there comes a time when the parent says go forth and live on your own my dear child. Of course, the parent is still a parent and loves the child like crazy, but the roles change.

This is where I am with this pregnancy. I have carried you, nourished you, kept you safe so you could grow into a fully-formed, functioning infant. Now, I am ready for my role to change. I am ready to care for you outside my body.

Of course, I want her to be as healthy as possible and it is still a few weeks too early.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 35 weeks

Size of baby: size of a honey due melon, around 5 1/4 lbs.
~she has measured bigger at all ultrasounds, so I think she is probably a little bigger than this.~


Total Weight Gain/Loss: up about 18lbs per Dr last week. I haven't weighed this week.


Clothes: Maternity mostly and Caleb's t-shirts around the house.
~Every time I put on one of Caleb's shirts, he responds with, "why does my shirt look so big on you?"
This leads me to believe (A) he thinks I am larger than I am (B) he thinks he is smaller than he is (C) a little of both.  I am leaning towards he thinks he is smaller than he is. :) 
Gender: Girl! Presley Lynn Barrett

Movement: All the time. It is not comfortable at all.

Sleep: I am so sleepy, but sleep is just not happening much.

What I miss: I am ready to have my body back. It kind of feels like it has been hijacked.  

Cravings: Mostly just thirst. I have a very low appetite, mostly due to comfort. Potty breaks and heartburn/reflux also contribute to a low appetite.

Symptoms: I am so uncomfortable! Waddle, Waddle, Waddle...

Best Moment this week: We are less than 4 weeks away from a family of four.

What am I looking forward to:  weekly appointments

No comments: