Thursday, June 21, 2012

Baby Talk- 37 Weeks

37 Weeks
I am now full term. I can not believe I am 37 weeks. Only 2 weeks until we meet baby girl. Ahhhh! I am so ready. Caleb is so excited. He is so funny at my appointments. He just can't wait to meet her.


Brady seems to sense that it is nearing time for the baby to get here. He has been super clingy and attached to me(and Caleb, but especially to me). I think he is starting to cope with not being the only one. He still acts so excited about the baby, but I think he is realizing some things may change. He has increased his questions about the baby also. We are trying our best to love him and give him the attention he needs over the next few weeks. I haven't been worried or concerned, but I am beginning to get a little concerned. I still think he will be fine and he will love the baby, but I want to make sure he doesn't feel neglected, forgotten, or replaced. I am trying to have big things planned for him the week she comes. Hopefully that will help. It is such a BIG change for a little guy.
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 weeks

Size of baby: a stalk of swiss chard

Total Weight Gain/Loss: up about 19 lbs per Dr.  I gained had gained a little more(3-4 lbs) at my last appointment, but I think some of it was fluid. I was swelling like crazy all of a sudden. However, this week I was down 3 lbs and had very, very little swelling. See water weight.

Clothes: Maternity clothes, some regular maxi dresses, a couple regular shirts that are super long, Caleb's t-shirts mostly.

Gender: Girl! Presley Lynn Barrett

Movement: still about the same, very uncomfortable


Sleep: I have been so exhausted from VBS and busy summer activities it has improved some. It isn't comfortable and I still wake up A LOT, but I have been so exhausted that I at least sleep a little better.

What I miss: feeling normal

Cravings: Nothing really, staying thirsty. I have really enjoyed chocolate milk through the entire pregnancy.

Symptoms: The newest is swelling. My feet, hands,  and ankles have been huge!!! People are commenting on them. It is bad. My blood pressure is still normal, so that is good. The Dr wasn't concerned last week. She just said I was at the end and that was to be expected. It is not fun. I am trying to stay off of them as much as possible, rest, and drinking a lot of fluid and it has helped so much.

 Best Moment this week: VBS,  hearing her sweet heartbeat, and Brady being so sweet, cuddly, and loving.

Also, an also pregnant friend of mine went to see What to Expect When You're Expecting on Friday after VBS. We laughed and laughed, because it is all so true. I don't expect the movie to win any awards or be the best movie ever, but it was a great mommy outing. It is just so true that it is funny. I think we have laughed more talking about how true it is than we did during the movie. Ha Ha!

What am I looking forward to: meeting our baby girl. It is so close. I can not wait!!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Congrats on making it full term! You look great! Not much longer for either of us now!