Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Day

First of all, Thank you so much for all the support and kind words about my leap of faith post.  I have had so many phone calls, texts, blog and facebook comments and messages, and face to face comments, way more than I expected and all so sweet and supportive. I really appreciate people being so understanding throughout this transition. I did not expect that at all, though I am not sure what I expected.

 I also did not realize how many people are out there reading. I am glad you are, but I never think any one besides my family and a couple others keep up with this thing. Ha! So, if you are reading, please let me know. It is just nice to know who I am talking to and I am happy you are here.

On to my post...

I don't plan on documenting every thing we do every day, so don't worry. However, since this was my first day as a SAHM, I thought it only fitting to at least document the first day.

Brady was up around 7 a.m. today. We ate some breakfast and watched a little t.v. 

By 8:30 we were dressed and out the door. We headed to the park. There is a park a few miles from us and I thought I would walk and let him play before it got crazy hot. It was already pretty hot, so I walked a little over a mile and then let Brady play on the play ground. There was a slight breeze and the play ground was empty! He really thought he was something.

We left there and headed to the grocery store and the bank. Caleb works for a bank that is inside the Kroger near our house. It is super convenient. We talked to Caleb for a minute, while I did my banking. Then we took our time grocery shopping. There was hardly anyone there, either. So nice!!! It is usually packed full when I am there. I even remember to bring my own bags and let Brady have the buggy with the car on it.(I loathe those carts, but since the store was practically empty I gave in.)

From there, I had a couple errands to run. We made it back home by 11. I was so impressed, especially since these are things I usually have to do after work.

When we got home, I fixed Brady some lunch to eat while I put away the groceries.

Not long after lunch, Brady went down for a nap. While he napped, I did some cleaning, laundry, made a casserole for supper, watched a little t.v., and made a HUGE to do list.

After nap time, we had a snack. Then we just played and Brady helped me clean up and put laundry away. He loves to help.

He wanted to "pway the danc'n game", so we played just dance on the wii. Then he took a bath and I finished getting supper ready before Caleb got home.

Last night was so relaxed. I could actually sit down and watch t.v. with Caleb or just talk to him and not be doing 100 other things at the same time. We all had dinner together. Caleb commented that Brady seemed more relaxed and not so attention starved last night. We will see if that continues. 

 Right now, this just feels like a vacation. I am not sure it will really seem real until next week and I still don't go back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll had a good first day!

Cassandra said...

I know when I first started working the part time job I am working now, I was so surprised at how much I could get done! And how no one is at the grocery store at 1pm in the afternoon! I did get a lot of things done...(I am a to do list crazy person), BUT I did learn to pace myself, because I would end up getting board or burnt out on constantly cleaning or other things... Just a word to the wise. :)

Glad your loving it! Your such a wonderful mom to Brady! I bet he was in heaven having you at home and going to the park!

Diane Foster said...

Amber..

It always makes me smile when I learn of a young mother who has been able to become a stay at home mom. While you will find that your days will still be just as busy, those busy times will become memories...wonderful memories to you and memories that Brady will carry through his life. Congratulations and enjoy it to the fullest.

Diane Foster