Friday, August 26, 2011

What is in your pocket?

This morning we went to the park.

Brady LOVES the park.

 He ran and played for a while, about an 1.5-2 hours.

We came home when his hair was more wet than dry, we ran out of water, and I was literally dripping sweat down my leg.

I know, Gross, but true.

I attempted a picture at the park, but Brady wanted to take a picture of me.
I let him.

This is it.

 Impressed?

Yeah didn't think so. Maybe this will impress.

We came home, had lunch, and Brady took a nap.

As soon as he woke up, he started talking about food for his animals.

He named off all his stuffed animals and said he had their food in his pocket.

Being the great mom that I am, I played along nodding and discussing how great of a care taker he is.
Until...

I realized there was actually something in his pocket.

Had I actually been a great mom, I am certain I would have noticed his pocket buldging before this point.

I felt around on the outside, because, honestly, I was a little scared of what was in there. I mean, I had no idea how long it had been in there.

Finally, I braved it and reached in the pocket.

It was hard, dirty, and rough. At first I thought it was some sort of food he stashed in his pocket.

Then I pulled it out.

Here is what I saw.


Wood chips from the park.

He and this other boy were pretending to feed the "horses" and I guess he thought his stuffed animals at home would like to be in on that action. He stuffed some in his pocket and must have forgotten until he woke from his nap.

I told ya, boy loves the park.

Can't bring your friends to the park, bring the park to your friends.

No comments: