It is a long story, so I will try to only hit the important parts. Hang with me, I am not good at para-phrasing. I like details.
- A few months ago, Caleb's car(the car I got when I was 16) broke down.
- It broke down right in front of a privately owned mechanic shop.
- Caleb and a random stranger pushed the car into the mechanic shop.
- The mechanic said it was dead and would require a lot of work(money) to fix, but they would buy it if we didn't want to spend the money to fix it.
- We sold it. Got the money and went on to purchase a different car.
- Caleb found out this particular mechanic does oil changes for pretty cheap.
- This mechanic got a new customer, as Caleb has been taking our cars their for oil changes.
- Caleb had to return this week to tie up some loose ends with some unexpected paperwork with the car.
- While there, Caleb inquired about new tires for my vehicle.
- This mechanic gave him the name of who they use and to tell them he sent him for a discounted price.
- Caleb did and took down all the information and told them he would call back if/when he decided to get the tires.
- Within an hour or so the tire place called Caleb(he did not give them his phone number) and said the tires have been ordered and he can come in whenever they come in to have them put on.
- Caleb began to get mad because he DID NOT order the tires and DID NOT agree to pay for them.
- The tire company told him that it was all taken care of and all we have to do is show up to have the tires put on. The response to who did this was someone just wanted to make sure you were taken care of.
- wow. shock. thanks. humility. loved. awe. blessed. unworthy. amazed. powerful. unbelievable.
I don't know about you, but I feel God was all in this one. He is good. He is in control. He is faithful. He provides. Not always when we expect or in the way we expect, but he provides.
I mean I did just quit my job and the family budget is quite a bit tighter than it once was. Although we can afford tires for our vehicle, it is a huge blessing to be able to save that money or use it towards something else. After all tires are expensive. Just Amazing.
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you..." James 4:8
2 comments:
That is really really crazy!!!! Caleb must have impressed that guy!
God made that car break down right there... before you even knew you were going to quit your job. I need to go to this guy to get an oil change!
Post a Comment