Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life is better with Sprinkles...

(I didn't have my camera, so I had to use my phone. Sorry for the poor quality, but hopefully you get the idea.)

Caleb was off yesterday and had to run an errand for work, so Brady and I tagged along. We passed Krispy Kreme on the way home. Although the  Hot Now sign wasn't on, we decided to take Brady in and have a late doughnut breakfast anyway.

We let him pick his doughnut and of course he chose chocolate with sprinkles. He cheered, "Yay Yay!" when she put it in the box and again when we gave it to him to eat. Then he cheered again when he realized we were taking some home.

I don't think I can fully explain Brady's excited spirit, thoroughly. He gets so so so excited! It isn't always something you expect, either. It can be because we are reading his favorite book or because the waitress delivered his water. To him everything is so very exciting! It is infectious. It pulls you in and forces you to smile and come see what all the fuss is about.

Yesterday was no exception, Brady got the attention of every one there. After seeing his excitement, they made sure he had a balloon, hat, and doughnut. An elderly couple even came over to share in his excitement! I think the man called Brady, King Doughnut. Brady just smiled and nodded, so I guess he agreed.

I absolutely love that about him. The way he gets so incredibly excited, he literally can not sit still. The way he lights up the entire room with his smiles and cheers. Caleb and I can't help but smile and laugh with him. It is just something you have to experience to fully understand. Once you do, though, it has the power to change you.

It has changed me over and over again and I hope it continues to do so.

I am so thankful I get to see life through his sweet little eyes, a life overflowing with sprinkles.

1 comment: