Choosing a name for a child is hard. It is with them forever, it is part of their identity, and it is a huge responsibility to the person naming. People can be just plain mean when it comes to the name you chose for your sweet baby. Between pregnancy hormones and the insane amount of time and thought that goes into naming a baby, you would think people would be a little more respectful.
I know not everyone will not love or even like the name I(or anyone) chooses. However, it isn't their baby and they can name their babies whatever they like. It would just be nice for people to be a little more kind in the matter.
Stepping off my soap box now....
I didn't have a lot of mean or disrespectful comments about Brady's name, but a lot of "you must be a fan of Days of Our Lives" comments. I am not, by the way. In case you don't know, Brady is Caleb's middle name and was his grandmother's maiden name. I wrote about his name here way back when I first started blogging.
I know not everyone will not love or even like the name I(or anyone) chooses. However, it isn't their baby and they can name their babies whatever they like. It would just be nice for people to be a little more kind in the matter.
Stepping off my soap box now....
I didn't have a lot of mean or disrespectful comments about Brady's name, but a lot of "you must be a fan of Days of Our Lives" comments. I am not, by the way. In case you don't know, Brady is Caleb's middle name and was his grandmother's maiden name. I wrote about his name here way back when I first started blogging.
Shortly after Brady was born, I began thinking of future names for any future kiddos. I would casually run them by Caleb and 9 times out of 10 he vetoed them. The 1 out of 10, he didn't love, but didn't turn down immediately. When we starting thinking about trying to grow our family, the name game, became more and more of a conversation piece.
We still rarely agreed on names.
I had came across some names I liked, but would hesitate to share with Caleb, because he never liked them. I was at a Christmas party with a couple of new moms and expectant moms, when names came up. A name was brought up, by my sister for another couple, that I had seen recently and I really liked it. One member of the couple it was suggested for didn't care for it, and I had never shared it with Caleb. He wasn't at the party so my sister text it to him and Caleb loved it. He was done. If baby was a girl that was the name he wanted.
I was hesitant to confirm for certain, because I still had a couple names floating around in my head that I had grown attached to. The week of the ultrasound, we agreed to this particular name if baby was a girl. We didn't have the first boy name. We could not agree on anything for a boy.
We have always had a middle name for a girl, Lynn. The middle name is my middle name, which was also my aunt's middle name. It just so happens Caleb's dads name is Lindrell, which fits well with Lynn.
We have always had a middle name for a girl, Lynn. The middle name is my middle name, which was also my aunt's middle name. It just so happens Caleb's dads name is Lindrell, which fits well with Lynn.
Baby girl's name will be...
Presley Lynn
We are pretty excited about our baby girl and her sweet name. We both love it! I really love it when Brady says it, Pweswee! So sweet. He is not as devastated as I thought about his baby sister not being named Spider. ; ) Ha!
4 comments:
I think it's a sweet name! Lynn is April's middle name too! :)
Of course I love it!
Love her name! Very cute...
Thanks everyone!!!
Post a Comment