Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Talk- 20 weeks

20 Weeks

I am halfway there to meeting our sweet baby girl!

She weighed 12 ounces at the ultrasound last week.

We are all so excited about a little girl. I think it has taken the entire week to really set in.

    Yesterday was a rough day. I felt terrible, sinus congestion, headache, extremely tired, and nausea. I felt like I slipped back into the first trimester for a bit. I am not sure what all that was about. Hopefully, it was just a one time thing.

    Pregnancy Highlights:

    How Far Along: 20 weeks

    Size of baby:  length of a banana

    Total Weight Gain/Loss: about 6 lbs

    Clothes: I can still mostly wear regular clothes, but am pulling out the maternity more and more.
    Gender: Girl! Name post should be up tomorrow.
    Movement:  I feel her move every day and when she does it is strong. It is mostly when sitting or when I am in bed at night. She moves a lot in the morning around breakfast time.

    Sleep: I fall asleep fine, but have still have trouble falling back to sleep if I wake up from a dream or a bathroom break. Then I feel so sleepy the next morning.

    What I miss: Not sure.

    Cravings: Nothing really specific. I have to eat small portions or I am miserable.

    Symptoms: it varies day to day. Mostly,I am uncomfortable, random aches and growing pains, and trouble breathing well after meals. (again the small meals and lots of water help)

    Best Moment this week: planning for a girl and watching how excited Caleb is about having a daughter.

    What am I looking forward to: preparing a girl nursery.

2 comments:

Lawrence Family said...

You can tell she has a tiny nose... just like her mommy! Noah's ultrasound his nose was so pronounced and you can barely see hers because its so little! Sweetness.

Cassandra said...

Amber you are still so tiny!! I am excited its a girl too! glad your doing well!