Sunday, September 28, 2008
What's in a name?
We finally have a complete name for baby boy!
When Caleb and I started dating, it didn't take but a couple of dates for us to start talking about children. Not OUR future children, but HIS future children and MY future children. We both agreed that several children were in our future whether it was together or not. We also agreed that we would want to have children while we were still relatively young if that was possible. As conversations about this continued, we further learned we were in agreement that 3 children was the perfect number and we would like 2 boys and a girl in that order. We were both open to adoption. Keep in mind these were individual wants that just happened to be very similar. This was a huge "selling point" to me as I decided whether I wanted the relationship to continue or not. I remember once during our first few dates, Caleb said, "If a girl doesn't want children, then our relationship is over". He even had names picked out for his future children, which I was also impressed by. It was several months into our relationship before he shared those names with me. I was not sold on all of the names, so I just said, keep in mind your wife will carry and birth that baby, so she is probably going to have strong opinions about his/her name. He agreed!
So that brings me to Our baby boy! We eventually began talking about HIS children and MY children as OUR children. I began to voice my opinion about names he had picked and he about names I picked. Over time we agreed on Brady as a first boys name. Brady is Caleb's middle name and was his Grandmothers maiden name. I loved the name and also liked that it came from somewhere. However, we never decided on a middle name. When we found out we were having a baby we started putting every name we could think of with Brady. We just couldn't get it right. There was one name that we kept coming back to...James! James was my dad's name. We had some hesitations about using it, but eventually couldn't come up with anything more perfect.
So baby boy barrett will be named Brady James Barrett. We will call him Brady! We are both extremely happy with the name choice and can't wait to meet him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOVE IT! David is Grayden's middle name- It was my dad's name and happens to be Rob's dad's name too. (Although he's really named after my dad! :) )
Post a Comment