Friday, September 19, 2008
Getting Ready for Baby
I am really excited about baby Brady joining our family in the next few months. So excited that I have been searching, picking, and buying the perfect outfit, bedding set, paint color, little bitty shoes, stroller, and even light fixture since before I knew I was pregnant. Some things are easy like clothes and shoes. I look at sales only and usually manage to walk away with a few goodies. However, some things are a little more complicated or at least they have been for us.
It all started when I found the PERFECT bedding set for my baby boy. It passed the dad-man not gay test and was even on sale. I showed it to my mom and she immediately ordered it for us. Unfortunately a few days later she got a devastating e-mail saying the item was discontinued and no longer available. I was crushed, but managed to control myself. I looked everywhere, the designers sight, overstock, e-baby, craigslist, and several other sights. I decided I needed to find something else, while looking I discovered the "perfect bedding" at the same sight we had attempted to order from before. It said it was available, so I thought I will just try to order it again. Guess what! It came this week!!! I was so excited! You have no idea how excited.
So, then there is this light fixture that I love. It is an airplane! It is kind of modern looking, not little kid looking. Anyway, I picked it out about a year ago while buying another light fixture for our house. So Caleb and I head to the store to buy it. And it also was discontinued. I held up well for this too. We came home and found one online that we are going to purchase, so we should have that soon.
Then this week! Caleb was off early, so he was going to put together the baby bed(that someone had generously given us for free). The bed is cute and in good shape and white, which is what I would have bought! So I get home and the baby bed is still not put together. Caleb tells me that we are missing some hardware and the bed can't be put up without it. Now, normally I am calm and reasonable, but will blame pregnancy. I lost it! I kept saying where is the baby going to sleep, why can't something just work out, where is the baby going to sleep, I don't even like this bed. My wonderful husband just smiled and told me we would get/fix this bed before the baby gets here. He said if you want another bed we will go find one this weekend, but for now the baby is sleeping in your tummy and it will all work out.
I do like the bed and we are going to figure it all out this weekend, but I was just really looking forward to seeing the bed in the nursery with the bedding all together. I will be sure to put up pictures when we do.
I love getting ready for Brady, but the emotions and pregnancy have started to get the best of me. I am so ready for the nursery to begin looking like a nursery. There is also a lot of waiting. I want to go out and buy everything at once, but you just can't do that. And our first shower isn't until November, so I am trying to hold off on purchases until then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
pretty sure this new blog situation makes my day..i love hearing about Brady and can't wait til he gets here!!!!!
Oh, Amber! I'm glad you are blogging! I just found it, which explains the late comments! I was the same way! I remember being hysterical one day- and kept saying "He's going to be naked! He's not going to have any clothes! We can't even afford diapers!" :) Pregnancy gets the best of us, but it all works out beautifully in the end!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you guys!!
Post a Comment