Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Out of Commission

The Barrett household has been all sorts of crazy the past few days.

I had a Dr appointment on Monday at 12:30, so off I went. Caleb had to be at work at 1. He decided to skip this appointment since we are getting towards the end and he wanted to make sure to be at other appointments. Brady spent the night at my in-laws house the night before because of the Dr. appointment.

While at my appointment and Caleb was about to leave for work, a pipe burst in our Master Bathroom causing water to fill our room and bathroom. Fortunately, Caleb was home and heard it. He quickly turned off the water to the house, but the damage had already been done.

The water was only found in the master bedroom, master bath, garage, and under the house in the crawl space. That is still a lot, but it could have been A LOT worse if no one was home.

I decided to pack up some stuff and head to my parents house. Brady and I have been there since Monday. Caleb has stayed with us some and at home some because of work.
Our house is a wreck right now. I came home for a few hours today to get caught up on laundry, resupply clothes, and straighten up what I could around the house.

I also grabbed my camera cord so I could post pics from this weekend.

Everything is currently in the process of drying out. It is super loud in our house with all the fans and equipment going. Flooring is ripped up and stuff is just crammed everywhere.

This is our room from the living room.

This is what our bathroom looks like.


This is our bed. (The extra mattresses were on the bed in that used to be in the nursery. We were in the process of cleaning out the nursery and moving stuff out, so they were just sitting in our house until we got them into storage. They restoration people had to get them off the floor, so this is where they landed.) This is one major reason we are staying at my moms. We have no where to sleep.

The square in the sheet rock is where the leak started. It is fixed, but everything around it is still wet.


There are more fans in the garage and under the house. It kind of sounds like our house could take off at any moment.  LOL!


I will be so glad when this is all cleaned up and we can resume our normal lives!!!

No comments: