Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's true what they say...

Kids say the darnedest things.

Brady says the craziest, most funny stuff. I blows my mind what pops out of his little mouth.

We were at a devotional/get together/ dinner with friends from church this past Saturday and we began talking about all the things kids say.

Someone asked if I wrote it all down and I said it is on my blog.

Then I realized it had been a while since I had done a post about stuff Brady has said.

Not good.

It is too precious to forget.

So, here it goes.

For your entertainment and my documentation...

  • Last night, Brady woke up screaming with a fever of 102. I scooped up that big boy around my swollen, pregnant belly and put him in our bed. Caleb calmed him while I got him some medicine and some ice water. Brady began to talk, and talk, and talk. He talked without taking a breath for about 30 minutes. Caleb began to laugh and Brady looked at him as serious as anything and said, "Don't waugh at me, I am sick!".

  • The other day Brady was playing outside when he suddenly ran over to me and said, "My daddy built our house on Jesus Christ." Then said, " Did you know Jesus Christ it the rock?"

  • One day we were all watching t.v. when out of the blue, Brady said, "Oh my Gosh! Did you see that baby in that there picture."     Who talks like that?

  • When we were at my moms house a few weeks ago, Brady woke up screaming. We had been to the zoo that day and apparently he had a bad dream about the snakes. (If you remember, he chose a snake as his toy from the gift shop) He was shaking and mumbling something about a giant snake. When I finally got him calmed down, he said, "That giant snake at the zoo broke through the glass, just like on Harry Potter!" He has nightmares/night terrors on nights when he is overly tired. It is really scary until you get him calmed down and to acknowledge you

  • We have 3( yes not 1, but 3) imaginary baby crocodiles that live with us. I decided I needed a blizzard from DQ after church one Wednesday night, so I drove thru and got one. After ordering but before getting to the window Brady started talking about the baby crocodiles. As I pulled up to the window to pick up and pay, Brady yelled, "Mom, WAIT!" I asked why and he continued to tell me how I crashed into the baby crocodiles while they were getting their milkshakes. Really! By the way, I did not pretend to let the baby crocodiles get their milkshakes. I am all about promoting creativity, but I draw the line somewhere.


That is really all I can remember right now. I need to do a post like this once a week.

Here is how Brady spent the better part of his day today. I believe his fever broke during nap time and he has seemed much better since.  Hoping for a fever free night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet boy! Hoping he's feeling better today!