Friday, September 30, 2011

Where have we been?

We have been on vacation for the last several days. This year was our fifth year anniversary. We decided to take a trip, just the two of us. Our anniversary is in July, the most expensive time of year to travel, so we waited until September for cheaper rates. We booked a cruise to the Bahamas back in the spring and have been patiently waiting for it to get here.

Finally, this past Sunday it was time to go. We left Brady at my parents and he did wonderful! When we walked into their house Brady said, "Mommy, you go back outside, I on a trip." Ha Ha! No problems there.

We returned to TN about 2 pm yesterday and went straight to my parents to get Brady. From there we went to a birthday party. We finally got home and unloaded around 9 pm.

Today we are running errands, laundry, resting, and I am trying to adjust to being on land and not water. Tonight we have the first part of Caleb's 10 year reunion with the rest of it being tomorrow night. Then Sunday I have a baby shower to attend after church. We have hit the ground running since we arrived home. I plan to blog about all of these things when I get a chance, hopefully it will be before Halloween. Ha!

Today I will leave you with a few things I learned about cruising to the Bahamas...

1. Take a watch, not your phone, but an actual watch, you know one you wear on your wrist with 12 numbers in a circle that ticks and tells you the time. Take one of those. You will need it!
2. Get the motion sickness patches and wear them properly.
3. The rooms really are THAT small.
4. Go to the formal dinners at night. You eat with the same people each night and it is a great way to meet people on the boat. And it is fun.
5. Stay away from the sushi, so I heard.
6. Wear sunscreen all of the time.
7. Get out and enjoy the ports. You have to do excursions or something at the ports, not necessarily through the boat. We did our own thing and had a blast.
8. There is always something, to eat, drink, or do on the boat.
9. You can spend as little or as much money as you prefer.
10.  Taking a taxi in the Bahamas where they drive on the opposite side of the road and your husband has to sit in the front seat  and there are at least 10 people in the back is apparently not the best way to be introduced to island driving. I think Caleb saw his or a pedestrians life flash before his eyes.

More on our trip and other things to come...

No comments: