I can relate, because I am also a rule follower.
I have a friend who is not a rule follower, but a rule breaker. We joke that in Kindergarten she was the girl eating the glue and I was the one telling her no, no glue to paper, paper to paper. Every one knows you aren't supposed to eat paper.
It is funny, but it is real life.
She embarrasses me a lot, not in a bad way. In a this is a really quite, nice restaurant and we shouldn't be laughing this loud kind of way.
Don't get me wrong, she is a good person, my friend, and I love her. We are just different when it comes to this. It was actually through this friend that I realized how much of a rule follower I am.
I like to color inside the lines of life. I like to play by the rules and win by the rules. I like to use maps and directions.
I can't help it. It is just my nature.
It was no surprise to me that this tiny, little human that acts so much like me is also a rule follower.
We recently converted Brady's bed into a toddler bed. He transitioned really well, almost too well. Meaning, he will not get out of that bed. In fact, he will cry in the mornings until someone comes in and gives permission to get up.
It is has become comical!
We also often tell Brady to keep certain toys in his room. There are some toys we don't want on the hard wood or drug out all over the house, etc. However, Brady wants to be as close to us when he is playing.
His solution...
Move the toy as close to the door as possible. He isn't breaking the rules.
He does this all the time, but doesn't cross that line.(I see in the picture his horse has crossed onto the hardwood a little. I think he may have gotten off and moved it back to the carpet.) It is so funny!
I love my little rule follower and his creativity!

1 comment:
I have to tell you, Grayden is the exact same way with his bed. He's in a big boy bed now and he still won't get out of it until we come into his room. Sometimes after we've put him to bed, he'll start yelling for us because he dropped a stuffed animal out of his bed and he needs permission to get it. :) I often wonder when he'll realize that we don't have to be in the room for him to get out!
Post a Comment