Of course, I planned to have a scheduled c-section on July 2nd at 7:30. I had a c-section with Brady and our local hospital and Dr.s have a repeat c-section policy. I considered changing Dr.s and explored some other options to be able to deliver via VBAC. However, I really, really like my Doctor combined with a few other concerns and reasons decided to just stay with my Dr. and schedule the c-section. Brady's birth story is here if interested.
I will start at Saturday night for documentation sake. :) This will be long and is basically for my documentation only.
My good friend Rebecca's wedding was scheduled for this night at 7:30 pm at her parents house. It was over 100* that day, but I didn't want to miss the wedding. We all attended the wedding. It was beautiful and I felt great while I was there, but I was sweating like crazy.
When we got in the car, it all started to hit me. I was exhausted and having a lot of tightness in my stomach. We spent the night at my mom's for convenience and because we were leaving Brady there the next night to go have Presley. By the time we go to their house, I was having tightness combined with cramping like pain and lots of pressure. I went to bed. I tossed, turned, moaned, and groaned for a while, Caleb got me some water and I moved to a more comfortable bed. I finally fell asleep.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
We got up and went to worship service. The AC was acting up and it was so HOT inside the building. It was another 100* day, so I sweaty and swollen during the entire service. I was absolutely miserable! Our class is down stairs and I told Caleb it was at least 50* cooler down there. I made it through class fine. We went out to eat with the whole family for Mom's birthday after church. Caleb and I decided we would go home for good until going to the hospital in the morning. Of course, Brady stayed at my parents. We spent the entire day on the couch and in the ac. Caleb also had a bad headache, so we took it pretty easy. I wasn't feeling great, but I was 39 weeks pregnant so it was expected.
Monday, July 2, 2012
Caleb and I got up a little before 4 am. We had to be at the hospital at 5 am. We showered, finished packing, loaded the car and headed that way. I made sure to put my make-up on and straighten my hair before. It only takes about 10 minutes to get there from our house. We checked in and they quickly got me hooked up to monitors and an iv. As soon as they started monitoring me, it was clear I was having tons of contractions, some were very painful. I was miserable. I could not get comfortable and felt terrible. I told Caleb this was it, I am never ever doing this again. (I may or may have not said this with Brady as well around this point and well you know that wasn't true.) I was completely hooked up and ready to go by 5:30am, but my c-section wasn't until 7:30 am. I had to allow the iv and other things to settle before I was really ready. Mine and Caleb's family showed up between 6:45 and 7 am. I spoke to everyone and hugged Brady before they set up camp in the waiting area. A little after 7 the anesthesiologist showed up and had me sign some papers. Shortly after my Dr. showed up and talked me through some things. The first thing she ask was if I was feeling all the contractions, to which I replied yes. She said well than it is good we scheduled you today, because she was coming anyway. Ha Ha! By 7:15 am I was being wheeled into surgery. We arrived to the operating room at 7:20 am. At 7:37 they began the c-section and by 7:47 am they lowered the curtain to show me our sweet, chunky, Brady look-alike. Mine and Caleb's first words to each other were at the same time, "she looks just like Brady"! I was feeling nauseous right before she was born, so they put meds in my iv and put that paper under my nose to keep me from getting sick. They told me I was blood pressure sensitive, this makes so much sense and was good info for me to know. That is whole other issue though.
Back to it, Caleb went with Presley. He cut the cord and carried her to the nursery to be weighed and monitored, but not before a few pics with mommy. The Dr. told me to rest while they finished up with the c-section. I closed my eyes and listened. At one point, they called the nursery to find out her weight. Everyone in the room made guesses before someone announced 8 lbs. I informed them that was Brady's exact weight. It was no time and I was being wheeled back to the Labor and Delivery room.
I am a little foggy on some of the details at this point. I have no idea what time it was! I know the nurse got me settled and at some point Caleb showed back up. I also remember the nursery nurse bringing me Presley. Again, I have no clue how long this all took. The nurse told me my postpartum room would be ready around 10:30 am, so that gives you some idea. I nursed Presley and she did wonderfully! Then the influx of people started rolling in. Caleb tried to monitor it so it wouldn't be so crowded. The L and D room was pretty small and the next c-section was being prepped in the same room with curtains drawn. Awkward.
Some time before 11 am, I was rolled down to Postpartum and set up in my room. Presley was taken to the nursery for a bath and returned to my room approximately 1 hour later. My postpartum room was much bigger and a lot more comfortable. Visitors rolled in one after another to meet and love on our sweet girl. I was in and out of it due to the surgery, iv, and various meds. I was just so tired, I couldn't always keep my eyes open. Apparently, it was pretty comical at times.
Everything went smooth and I am recovering. This time has been more difficult. I know my Dr removed any scar tissue she came across while she was in there, so I contribute that to some of it. Presley is perfect! I am crazy about her, we all are. She is so beautiful. I am humbled and feel so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful children. I am so thankful for both our sweet kiddos. I am also so thankful for all the sweet friends and family that love our family so well. We had tons of visitors welcome Presley into our family.
We are truly blessed in so many ways.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
We got up and went to worship service. The AC was acting up and it was so HOT inside the building. It was another 100* day, so I sweaty and swollen during the entire service. I was absolutely miserable! Our class is down stairs and I told Caleb it was at least 50* cooler down there. I made it through class fine. We went out to eat with the whole family for Mom's birthday after church. Caleb and I decided we would go home for good until going to the hospital in the morning. Of course, Brady stayed at my parents. We spent the entire day on the couch and in the ac. Caleb also had a bad headache, so we took it pretty easy. I wasn't feeling great, but I was 39 weeks pregnant so it was expected.
Monday, July 2, 2012
Caleb and I got up a little before 4 am. We had to be at the hospital at 5 am. We showered, finished packing, loaded the car and headed that way. I made sure to put my make-up on and straighten my hair before. It only takes about 10 minutes to get there from our house. We checked in and they quickly got me hooked up to monitors and an iv. As soon as they started monitoring me, it was clear I was having tons of contractions, some were very painful. I was miserable. I could not get comfortable and felt terrible. I told Caleb this was it, I am never ever doing this again. (I may or may have not said this with Brady as well around this point and well you know that wasn't true.) I was completely hooked up and ready to go by 5:30am, but my c-section wasn't until 7:30 am. I had to allow the iv and other things to settle before I was really ready. Mine and Caleb's family showed up between 6:45 and 7 am. I spoke to everyone and hugged Brady before they set up camp in the waiting area. A little after 7 the anesthesiologist showed up and had me sign some papers. Shortly after my Dr. showed up and talked me through some things. The first thing she ask was if I was feeling all the contractions, to which I replied yes. She said well than it is good we scheduled you today, because she was coming anyway. Ha Ha! By 7:15 am I was being wheeled into surgery. We arrived to the operating room at 7:20 am. At 7:37 they began the c-section and by 7:47 am they lowered the curtain to show me our sweet, chunky, Brady look-alike. Mine and Caleb's first words to each other were at the same time, "she looks just like Brady"! I was feeling nauseous right before she was born, so they put meds in my iv and put that paper under my nose to keep me from getting sick. They told me I was blood pressure sensitive, this makes so much sense and was good info for me to know. That is whole other issue though.
Everything went smooth and I am recovering. This time has been more difficult. I know my Dr removed any scar tissue she came across while she was in there, so I contribute that to some of it. Presley is perfect! I am crazy about her, we all are. She is so beautiful. I am humbled and feel so blessed to have two healthy, beautiful children. I am so thankful for both our sweet kiddos. I am also so thankful for all the sweet friends and family that love our family so well. We had tons of visitors welcome Presley into our family.
We are truly blessed in so many ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment