Monday, July 30, 2012

A Little Vacation

Brady spent the past few days with my brother and SIL in KY. This was his first "bacation" with out us. Of course, he spends the night with my parents, Caleb's parents, and my sister on occasion and he stayed with my parents while went on our cruise last fall. However, this is the first time he has traveled away from us.

(The pics are ones they texted us throughout the weekend.)

He did great!

Caleb met Lauren on Thursday afternoon and Brady happily went with her and never looked back.




They had a great weekend full of golf, swimming, farmer's market, playing with the dog, and eating. I am not sure what else they did, because Brady wouldn't talk to us while he was gone.


Caleb met Cameron this morning and to our surprise, Brady was actually happy to see him. He had lunch and we quickly put him down for a nap. He gave me 5-6 kisses before he fell asleep. :) He slept for over 3 hours today.   I would say that means his trip was a success!!! He still hasn't talked much about what all he did.

The trip gave me a chance to rest up and just focus on Presley. I am finally starting to feel like my normal self.  It was a nice little break. I kept saying I can't believe how quiet our house is. Ha Ha!

As much as we missed him (and we really missed him), I am so so so proud of him. Not many 3.5 year old little boys would be able to go several hours away with out parents for 4 nights. I am so thankful for his independence and good behavior. BUT I really missed him and it seems he missed us as well. I am happy he went, but I am glad he is home.

Thank you so much to Uncle Cam and Aunt Lauren for loving our boy so well. As a mom, nothing warms my heart like someone treating my child well. I now often determine ones like ability by the way they treat my children. Cameron and Lauren (and all our family really) are oh so good to my babies and it doesn't go unnoticed. I am so very thankful for our children to have so many wonderful aunts and uncles!

No comments: