Monday, July 9, 2012

One Week Old


Presley is one week old today!


We had her first visit to the Dr today. She weighed 8 lbs 1.5 oz. She is doing so well. We don't go back to the Dr until her 1 month appointment. So thankful! She is such a good baby! She is so snugly and laid back. The Dr.'s exact words to describe her today was "delightful". And she is just delightful. I can't say enough how thankful I am for her. She is the perfect addition to our family!

While we were waiting on the Dr to come into the room, Brady said, "I don't think the Dr will look at the baby, because she is just too small." I love how his little mind thinks.

 

We decided to have lunch out while we were out. Our first lunch out as a family of 4 went well. Presley slept in the car seat the entire time. I realized today with the second child, this is one of the easiest times to take them places, because she stays strapped in and sleeps a lot. Brady not so much. Ha! When Brady was an infant people would say things like if you think it is tough now wait until this or this starts. I hated that, but with each stage comes new challenges and suddenly the old ones don't seem so bad. I feel like I can enjoy each stage a little more this time around.

We also made a stop at Babies R Us to get a few things. Caleb's office sent us $50 in gift cards to Babies R Us and $50 in gift cards to Bonefish Grill. We are planning to have a date night in a few weeks when I feel better and things settle some for the Bonefish one. It was so nice of them to give us that! We were shocked when we got it!

My grandmother gave Brady $10 when she visited yesterday, so we let Brady pick something out and use his money. He loved doing this! He picked a little motorcycle. He paid for it himself and everything. I meant to take his picture, but I had ran to get something while he was doing it. Oops!

We made a quick stop at Caleb's work to visit and show off our baby and for Caleb to get some things taken care of. We grabbed a few groceries(basically milk) and headed home.

Brady is just crazy about our baby! He wants to hold her, love her, and help all the time!

It was so nice to get out for a bit, but I was worn out when we got home!

We have meals being delivered from several members of our church over the next several weeks on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It is such a relief to not have to worry about food each day. The meals for moms our church does is so nice and helpful. We have eaten well since Presley has joined our family and there is more to come. :)

Tonight,  Caleb and Brady attended a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I think it did Brady some good to get some one on one time with Daddy. He is doing well, but it is an adjustment and it is obvious he is craving a little extra attention from us. He gets upset about little, silly things more often.





I am so thankful for my sweet husband. I realize not all daddy's would take their 3 year old to a birthday party solo.  He is good man for taking one for the team at Chuck E Cheese so Brady didn't have to miss out. However, it is possible Caleb had as much fun on the ski ball as the kids. ;)

1 comment:

Lawrence Family said...

I kept seeing Caleb steal some of Brady's tokens and play a baseball game or something.... He loved it too.