Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Do we really need groceries?

I made a stock up on staples grocery trip the Friday before I went in to have Presley. I made sure to have several boxes of cereal, juice boxes, granola bars, snack foods, bread, sandwich meat, paper products, and quick breakfast foods. I managed to stick with my budget and I was pretty proud of my stock pile.

So, here we are some 4 1/2 weeks later and we have managed to survive on quick trips to the store for milk and a few odd items. I mostly had Caleb pick those things out after work or when he was out. We have done really well, in large part due to our meals being prepared for us for the past several weeks, our moms, and my stockpile grocery trip.

The meals have ended, the visitors have slowed, I have survived a week on my own, Caleb and the moms are back to work, and we are out of nearly everything!

I had to take a trip to the store.

Dum, Dum, Dum....

I managed to get us all three cleaned up and ready to go for my first trip to the grocery store being outnumbered.

It started out fine. Presley was asleep in the carrier on the top of the buggy and Brady was happily driving his cozy coup attached to the buggy.

We barely made it through the produce and I had reminded Brady at least 5 times to keep all limbs and head inside the vehicle.

By the time we made it through the meat/cheese section that number had tripled and Presley was crying. Crying! Not whimpering, not grunting, crying!

I picked her up and carried her upright on my shoulder while one handing that awful, ridiculously difficult to maneuver car cart, while Brady's leg drug on the floor and his head hung out the front window section. (Don't ask me how he managed that, but he did.)

Did I mention I had coupons?

Oh, because I did and a list.

Presley got calmed down, so I returned her to the carrier. Shot the death stare to Brady and reminded him that I am taking the ice cream back to the freezer if he does not sit his bottom down in that stupid red car. ( I didn't actually say stupid, but Oh I was thinking it.)

We made it through check out, only $4 over my ideal spending amount and swung by to visit Daddy. (Caleb works at an in store bank, so we usually go to that grocery store to also visit daddy.) Fortunately Caleb had a second and he walked us out to the car and loaded my groceries, while I attended to the children, but not before Presley began crying again.

Really?! She is not a cry baby unless hungry and I knew she wasn't hungry. Why is she crying?

I decided she hates the grocery store and say welcome to the club, young girl.

Once I got her loaded in the car I realized her diaper was loaded which was the problem. I decided to change her there in the car, so we could have a peaceful ride home. It worked, she was back to sleep by the time we got home.

Caleb took the buggy back to the designated location for me. Thank goodness, because that is a whole other can of worms.

The trip actually went much better than I expected, but two little ones is a whole different ball game than only one.

I can't say I am looking forward to the next grocery trip, but we will adapt. I think anyway! ;)



No comments: