Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brady is Here!

Hello! So this is way late! Little Brady James(not as little as we thought) arrived via c-section at 10:39 a.m. on December 23, 2008. He was 8 pounds and 20 inches long. He has a beautiful head full of hair and big blue eyes! Everyone is just smitten with him. He is such a perfect little baby. He doesn't cry except when he is really hungry!
Let me go back a little, At 36 weeks I had some severe cramping and pain which kept me up all night. I called the dr. the next morning and they decided I should come in to get checked. I hadn't dilated anymore (I had been dilated at a 1 for around 1 1/2-2 weeks at this point), but there was some questioning on his position. (He had been head down and ready to go without question. ) I kept my regular appointment that week and the dr was almost certain he was breeched. We scheduled an ultrasound for the next week and the suspicions were correct. Brady was breeched. We then scheduled to try and turn him on 12-23-08. The dr that would be doing the turning or c-section called me the night before and we discussed all options. I was blessed with a wonderful Dr. who guided me each step. I was terrified of a c-section, but wanted the best for my sweet baby. It was an extremely stressful decision and I had to make it. NO ONE else could, althought I tried to get others to make it. I don't know that I could have gotten through it without Dr. Redden! She was just wonderful! We then went over them again on Tuesday morning(12-23-08) with Caleb and my parents. After another ultrasound and discovering the baby was 7-8 pounds (at 32 weeks, they thought I was measuring small) and other factors, we decided to go ahead with the c-section without trying to turn him. It was the best decision. Brady was born within a few hours and recovery for me was much easier. We came home on Christmas Day! Everyone is adjusting and doing well!
Meeting Brady while my arms are strapped down and I can't feel my lower body!

Caleb then took him to the nursery and showed him off.

They finally brought him to my room and everyone else followed. It seemed like forever.

I will try to keep this updated!

No comments: