I read the Hunger Games series over a year ago and loved the books. I tried to get every one I know to read them, including my husband. Finally after hearing other people go on and on about how awesome they are, he decided to read them. He loved them! He was hooked at the first chapter.
Once he finished reading, he agreed to attend the premiere showing of the first movie. Literally the second the tickets went on sale I bought two for the midnight showing.
Thursday night/Friday morning it was finally time to see the movie.
We ran by the theatre to pick up our actual paper tickets before meeting some friends to eat. The theatre employee told us that the movie was sold out until a 3:10 am showing. Crazy! They also said seating for our showing would start at 9:30 pm.
We met our friends and had a yummy and fun dinner. We arrived back at the theatre right around 9:30. The theatre was already filling up quickly, but we were able to snag 5 seats together at about the 5th row from the top. That was the whole point of getting there so early. We talked and laughed until the movie started.
The movie was great. I loved it. Of course, the books are better, but I was really pleased with the movie. I am usually very disappointed if I have read the book. However, I think they did a really good job on this one.
I can not wait until Catching Fire comes out.
Maybe I can convince Caleb to attend the premiere again! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment