Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby Talk- 24 Weeks

24 Weeks!!!

24 weeks is significant to me, because when I was doing my internship,  I spent some time in the NICU and the smallest babies I saw were born at 24 weeks gestation. It is comforting to know that if she was born at this point, she could  have a chance of survival and every week from this point on her chances increase. Of course, I want her to stay and grow another 15-16 weeks or so.Some might think that is weird, but it comforts me. It is a milestone I looked forward to with both of my pregnancies.

I am expecting these next 16 weeks to fly by. However, this weather makes me want to sit inside under the air conditioner until she gets here. 80+ degrees in March is not good for a July due date. I am going to be sitting around half naked, drinking cold drinks, and eating Popsicles, if it continues! Ha! Ha!
This was in my car one day this week. Notice it says it is 87 degrees outside and I have it set for 61 degrees inside. LOL!!!



We had our follow up ultrasound today and everything looked great. Presley is still a girl and weighed 1#10 oz. That is up nearly a pound in 5 weeks. Wow! She cooperated enough to get the measurements we needed and everything looked perfect. There is still one small concern about the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding her they are going to watch closely.  She is a very stubborn and wiggly little girl. The ultrasound tech just kept laughing out loud because she kept kicking the ultrasound wand/thingy so hard!

She said she was also very photogenic today. They were trying to see the chambers of the heart and the next thing I know the tech had switched over to a 3D viewing and snapped some pics of her sweet face for us. We didn't do a 3D ultrasound with Brady and aren't planning on it this time, so it was an unexpected surprise.


She looks so sweet!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 weeks


Size of baby: length of an ear of corn


Total Weight Gain/Loss: up about 10 lbs


Clothes: It is about 1/2 regular and 1/2 maternity, maternity are more comfortable most of the time.


Gender: Girl! Presley Lynn Barrett


Movement: Yes!!! Hard kicks! My mom and sister were able to feel and see her move this week.


Sleep: not great, but not terrible. I am managing.


What I miss:   being able to enjoy the nice weather. Between feeling hot and the high pollen, I am not enjoying the weather much. :(


Cravings: not really anything specific.


Symptoms: some leg cramps and being hot, but it isn't too bad unless I get hot, I can NOT cool down.


Best Moment this week: My mom and sisters excitement over feeling her move and the Dr. appointment!


What am I looking forward to: hopefully painting and getting the nursery cleaned out a little more.

No comments: