Last night, Brady and I were washing the dishes together at the sink. He is my big helper and a very good one at that. Right in the middle of rinsing the pots, he leaned over, gave me a BIG hug, and said, "Mommy, you're my best friend!"
I am not sure what my reply was, I was so taken aback. It was just one of the sweetest moments!
After the dishes were done, we walked into the living room. I was carrying some laundry to fold and Brady was ahead of me. Still floating from the best friend comment, I went into living room unarmed. (If you have boys over two in your house, you understand.) Brady proceeded to launch 2 couch pillows at my face as I turned into the living room. He succeeded, laughed hysterically, retrieved the pillows and fired again and again until I finally said, "ok, thats enough".
Nice.
Caleb said that is what best friends do. Ha ha!
In that case, I am not sure I want to be his best friend anymore.
In order to see the sweet, you have to bear the salt I guess. I literally never know what is going to happen next in my house. As is life.
1 comment:
That is so funny!!! :)
Post a Comment