We had a few friends over to bring in the new year.
We had about 12 people plus two little ones. I decided to just do finger foods since it would be a long night and we could eat all night. We all ate, visited, and played the Wii. We had other games, but we all got new dancing games for Christmas and never stopped that long enough to play anything else. My sister brought the Michael Jackson dancing game and we ended up with both versions of Just Dance.
![]() |
| This was before the dance-off and the couch got moved. |
![]() |
| This was mid dance off. Notice the couch is missing. I was sitting on it. |
The little ones and their parents left around 10:30-11:00 pm and the rest of us ended up having a very intense boys vs. girls dance-off. We danced for nearly 4 hours non-stop. We took one 2 minute break to watch the ball drop and yell Happy New Year! It was so fun! I am not sure when the last time I laughed so hard was. None of us could believe we did it for so long.
![]() |
| The girls watching the ball drop. Ignore the disheveled hair of mine and t-shirt. We had all pulled our hair up(we took it down for the pic. Ha!) and changed to t-shirts at this point. |
![]() |
| The boys. They were mad because they hadn't beaten us yet. I just noticed the clock says 12. |
The next day we had a birthday party to go to. So we picked up Brady and headed to the party. Little Grady's birthday is exactly one week and one day after Brady's! (Another reason we wanted him to stay with the grandparents)
His mom made this cute Tractor cake.
They got this bouncy thing for Christmas and all the kids LOVED it. It is not huge but big enough for the kids to play in and small enough to keep in their garage. Brady had a blast!!
I guess the party was a success because Brady ate 2 hot dogs, a piece of cake, and crashed as soon as we got in the car. Crazy Boy!
I am off today, so Brady and I have just played and stayed in our pj's all day. Tomorrow starts back to regular life. I have enjoyed this holiday season so much. I am sad to see it go, but I know we will all benefit from getting back to normal.








1 comment:
So Andy was right the bouncy was a nap machine!
Post a Comment