Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life with a 2 year old...

*This post includes talk of pee pee, potty accidents, and other issues involving toddlers. If this in any way offends or bothers you, please stop reading now. Thank you!*

Last night, Caleb, Brady, and I bundled up to go grab some dinner.
We had a couple gift cards from Christmas so we decided to choose from those restaurants. We wanted to get home early, so we needed something quick.

 Our first choice was too crowded.
As we were turning around to go to the other restaurant, Brady mumbled something about pee pee.
We asked him if he needed to potty he said, no!
Caleb pulled into a parking spot, I got out to make sure he hadn't had an accident.
All was well, so we headed a few miles to the other restaurant.

When we got there, I asked Caleb to take Brady to the bathroom.
Caleb comes out after a little while and says, "uh we had an accident."
 "What kind of accident?"  
 "You know how sometimes he pee pees over the seat."
"Yeah"
"Well, he did and now it is on his pants."

Brady is sitting enjoying his sandwich at this point.
I had Caleb go get the extra pants out of the car and back to the bathroom they went.

We all proceeded to eat our meal.
Brady spilt his yogurt on him and the seat.
His sandwich contents ended up on his shirt, mouth, hands, table, and seat.
We used up every napkin in sight and Brady says louder than I prefer that he has to potty! Again! 

Off we go to the bathroom!

Brady runs into the men's room without me, because well he has already been there twice!

 I get him out of there and head to the ladies room.

As I am getting him on the potty, I realize he only has one shoe on.

I asked him about it, and he said it was out there.

I think/hope he means the table and not the men's room.

I clean him up and carry him back to the table, motioning for Caleb to look for the other shoe.

He finds it and starts laughing.

We decided to go home, before someone deemed us incompetent parents!!!

Life is starting to get interesting!


No comments: