Friday, January 21, 2011

2 year old check-up

Brady had his 2 year old check-up today.

I had planned on only working a half day this morning, but we had another snow storm last night. The roads were really, really icy this morning. Since I was only working until 12 anyway and I would have had to go in late, I decided I would just take the whole day off.

I think it is safe to say that Brady HATES going to the doctor.

He rarely gets sick, so we don't go that much. (Such a blessing!) It seems to really scare him when we do go for check-ups, though. Brady cried from the time they called his name until we were alone in the room. Whenever anyone entered, he would say, I have to potty while screaming. We went to potty once, but then I realized he was just trying to get out of his check up! Crazy Kid!


Brady and I before we left the exam room. I was trying to distract and calm him from his recent shots before he traumatized all the kids waiting in the waiting room.

Stats:
Weight: 29 lbs 11.5 oz- 70th percentile 
Height: 36 1/2 inches- 90th percentile
BMI: 15.7 (They didn't actually tell me his BMI. I calculated it on my own because I wanted to know and am a nerd like that. I calculate like 40 BMI's a day, it gets in your blood!) 

Developmentally he is right on track and maybe a little ahead in some things.

Here is the list of things the pediatrician expected him to be doing at 2 years:
  •  saying about 20-50 words and making 2-3 word sentences- he says way more words than that and says a lot of sentences.
  • using a fork and spoon to eat- does well with both
  • climbing stairs and throwing a ball- Constantly both
  • Likes to show independence, may say "no" often- Definitely nothing to worry about there.
It is always nice to leave the Dr. with a good report! I am so thankful for a sweet, healthy little boy!

Brady did have to get his finger stuck and one vaccine. Of course, he hated that as well. He kept telling the nurse, "all none"(done). He was really sweet to everyone as they were leaving our room and as we were leaving, though! They all had to laugh!

He loves his snow boots!!!

We ended up getting milkshakes on our way home for a treat. Brady said, "all betta" when I gave him his.
You can see his little finger all bandaged up. By the way, I ordered a kids shake and got this huge one. Brady didn't even drink 1/4 of it.

When we got home, he told Caleb, "Brady sick" and held up his finger. I am not sure he understood the whole doctor thing! Ha ha! The good thing is we don't have to go back until he is 3.

2 comments:

Lana said...

I've been learning pediatrics all week so I found this very fun! haha. It made me think twice about the kids that are going to be scared of me before I walk in the room. haha. Glad Brady is growing like a weed =)

Lawrence Family said...

WE had to go to Nana's doctor Wednesday and as soon as we explained Nana was going to the doctor... Brady started crying saying "No Doctor Nana" ... Kinda like he did when I mentioned "shower" the other day!! So apparently he doesnt even want other people to go to the doctor!!