We have made MAJOR progress since the last time I posted about the potty.
After Bradys 3-3 1/2 days of rebellion, he gave in and has been doing so well. When we tell him it is time to potty, he just goes to the bathroom without fussing or fighting and potties.
He is giving more clear signs that he needs to potty. He is having less accidents and going longer between potty breaks. He wants and asks for underwear or a pull-up instead of a diaper.
Thank you Lord!
He still has a ways to go, but I can see the light now!!!
(All I could see for 3 days was a lifetime of diapers!) During one point I was so close to giving up, when Caleb said, "Amber, we potty trained a dog, surely we can potty train a human!"
And he had a point, so we stuck with it. I am so glad we did, because that was about the time things started to turn around.
I am so proud of him and how far he has come in just one week.
Now when we walk by the bathroom, he says I potty in there! Such a big boy!
Since I have to go to work for 3 days, my mother-in-law is picking up with the potty training while I am at work. I have given her the rundown of what we have been doing to try and keep it as consistent as possible. Yesterday, he only had one accident and she said he was very cooperative about it all day. Yay!!!
We hope this second week will be just as successful, before he starts back at daycare after the first of the year.
I might, just might, actually get this kid potty trained!!!
2 comments:
This is exciting. I know Tuff is only 17 months old but I'm thinking of buying him a potty just to "introduce" him to it. He's really starting to realize when he goes in his diaper which makes me think it wouldn't hurt. Good luck with the next few days and weeks.
Wow congratulations! That will be a huge relief to you all I know.
Post a Comment