Saturday, December 25, 2010

Birthday Festivities

Since Brady's birthday is 2 days before Christmas, we have to work a little harder to make it special.  It is so easy to get caught up in the holiday stuff!

Caleb and I try to both be off for his birthday. We have been able to do this for both birthdays so far and hope we can continue this in the future.

I made breakfast and we asked Brady where he would like to eat. He came up with his room. So, that is where we ate! He put the towel down himself. Ha!

Then the 3 of us headed to a local pottery painting place and let him paint one piece of pottery. He picked a football piggy bank. He had a blast picking the colors and painting it all by himself. We just let him go at it. He thought he was so big!!! Caleb and I are anxious to see it when it is finished. Ha ha! There is no telling what it will look like. We pick it up next week.
We had a few more errands to run and a couple things to pick for his party that night.

We decided to just do a small party with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that could attend. We had around 10 people over last night for Brady's birthday party.


I made dinner and we all had cake and ice cream. It was nice to have a sit down dinner and enjoy each other!

Brady opened all his gifts and made sure to hug and thank everyone! It was nice to not be overwhelmed with people and presents, especially since we are known to throw a tantrum here and there.
Brady got that awesome table above from my parents! It might be almost the size of our first kitchen table at our apartment. Just saying! The kid is loved!


Next year, we may try for a big party again, but this worked great for this year.
I don't think I will be hosting a bigger party in my house, though!  A bunch of 3 year olds and their parents in the middle of winter, I don't see that happening, unless we get a bigger house. Ha! I will have to start thinking and looking into ideas now.

Sweet Noah was the only other little one and he barely made a sound. He is such a cute, sweet boy. His birthday will be here before we know it! Ahhh!

All in all it was a great day! I am so thankful for that sweet boy and I hope he always knows how special he is. We may have to get a bigger house to hold all his new toys. Between birthday and Christmas, our house closely resembles a toy store right now.

I will update on all our Christmas fun and more on potty training later!

No comments: