We have officially started potty training.
Here is quick recap of how that is going!
The first day went well, Brady thought it was a game. The timer would go off and we would run to potty. If you went to the potty, you got a star. Accidents were minimal and spirits were high.
The second day started much like the first, until about mid-day Brady decided potty training was for the birds and began to rebel. He began yelling," NO POTTY!", he asked for a diaper to potty in (Really?!, If you can ask for that, then you can definitely use the potty, buddy), he cried, kicked, and screamed. I decided we would both benefit from a nice break and Brady took a nap.
After nap time, potty training continued much as it had before the nap.
Once Caleb got home, Brady calmed down and began to potty once more. Boys and their daddies!
Today has been back and forth. Sometimes he tells me he needs to potty, sometimes he doesn't, Sometimes he doesn't mind going to the potty, sometimes he refuses and throws a fit, and he has asked me once or twice for a diaper.
Conclusion= Potty training is hard, really hard!!! I am not giving up! It has only been 3 days, but feels like soooo many more.
2 comments:
Oh me. I dread the day. How old is he now?
Such a hard process!! And I definitley don't pitty you during the holidays! We took two weeks when I could totally clear the schedule of everything. Hang in there!! He'll catch on. He's a smart boy!
Post a Comment