Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Little Mister and Sister

Brady is such a good big brother. He has done so well adjusting. He loves Presley and wants to help with everything! He wants to know where she is and what she is doing all the time.
He is usually not far from her. He has to know where she is at all times.
Brady has adjusted really well to his new sister. He does so well with the baby. He wants to hold her and help. He watches what we do and mimics us when we aren't around. He talks to her in a high pitch voice and says things like, "Hey pretty girl!" or "Are you gonna talk little girl?" It is so sweet.

One day Presley was playing in her activity gym and she spit up a little. Brady went and got a burp cloth out of her room and gently wiped her mouth all on his own. I walked in as he was doing it.

He loves to get her paci for her and put it back in her mouth when it falls out. He wants to help change her diaper and turn on her swing. He likes to mimic what she is doing as well. He will make the same noises. He also likes to get on his stomach and lift up his head, just to show me how strong he is. It is so funny!

He asks a ton of questions. Did God make our baby? Why does she sleep so much? What is wrong with her? Why is she awake? Is that how God wants you to feed the baby?  Can she crawl? Does she have teeth? What is she doing? Where is she going to sleep? Are those her pajamas? Etc.

The questions go on and on.


He hasn't shown a lot of jealousy. He only asked  my mom to put the baby down once and he doesn't seem to mind if I am holding her. He doesn't always like that he has to wait for things. For example, if I am feeding the baby, but he wants a snack. He has to wait until I am done, but he is usually fine until I can get to him. He loves Presley and doesn't seem to have any bitter or hostile feelings towards her. Brady is also pretty independent, so he does a lot of things for himself if I am busy at that moment. It is incredibly helpful, until it makes a big mess or he is independent when I would rather him ask for help. :o


He does crave mine and Caleb's attention at times. We are both trying to do better about having one on one time with him and giving him appropriate attention when needed. It seems to help. I try to sit with him while he is eating lunch and we read a lot of books before nap time. I also try to play with him some if Presley is asleep while he is awake. I can tell a difference on the days I don't do these things. He just has so much energy!!!

He wants to pick her up and hold her with out help. That can get a little challenging. I caught him one day trying to pick her up to hold her by her legs. He wasn't trying to hurt her, just pick her up. We have to watch out for that.

The boppy is a lifesaver when it comes to him holding her. It gives her the support she needs and allows him to hold her independently. He only likes to hold for approximately 1-3 minutes and I am right there the entire time.

Overall, I am so proud of him and how he has adjusted. Things get a little crazy from time to time, but Brady really has done so well. We have good days and what  have I gotten myself into days, but I had those with just one also. I just love watching him try to take care of her and love her. My prayer is that he always thinks of her as he thinks of her now.




No comments: