Friday, August 24, 2012

Haircut

Things are looking a little different around here.
Before. Obviously it was beyond time!
 
I cut Brady's hair the other night. I usually trim it up. Then every so often I take him to a professional to shape it up.
 
He normally doesn't mind getting it cut, but the other night he wasn't interested. It was tougher than normal to get him to sit still. About midway through, Presley started crying. I rushed to finish up on a squirmy kiddo and a screaming baby in the background. I am anything but a professional when it comes to a hair stylist, by the way.
 
Needless to say, I made a little mistake on one side and cut quite a bit off. I tried to comb it over, gave Brady a bath, and hoped it wasn't too noticeable.
 
Caleb came home.
 
It was noticeable.
 
I believe his exact words were "it looks good, but...
 
...what happened here?"
 
After much debate, we decided to just cut it all with the highest trimmer setting.
 
Now Brady looks like this...
 

 
Brady asked if his eyes are still blue? They are. He went on. I cried. Caleb got quiet. 
 
I just can't believe how different he looks. Brady's long hair is one of my favorite things! I have never ever cried over my own hair cut or color and I have made some dramatic changes over time. I never dreamed I would get that upset over my child's hair, especially my little BOYS!
 
I come to the only logical conclusion I know, parenthood makes you crazy!
 
It is growing on us. Brady doesn't care. I know it has to be cooler!
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber, don't feel bad... I am the SAME way when it comes to the boys hair. Tuff's has always been so thick and coarse that I've had to keep it short. Now that Gunner's is so soft and sleek I can't even bring myself to cutting it... even though everyone keeps telling me it needs to be cut because he MAY or MAY NOT have a little mullet going on. HAHA