my mom and my Gary.
I have wonderful, amazing parents. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. They love us all so well. They welcomed Caleb into their home and family just like he was their own. The more people I meet and get a glance into their lives, the more I realize how special my parents are. Also, the more I am on the parenting side of it, the more I appreciate them. My mom is the best mom and is incredibly strong. My Gary step right in became my father when I needed one and no longer had one on this earth, even when I didn't want one. I wasn't very wise at 7. It took me many years to understand how special that was and that he chose to do it. He didn't have to. I am very grateful for that.
Funny story: I never knew Gary knew I didn't like him at first. I thought I kept it a secret. Then several years ago, we were all in North Carolina on a trip to the Biltmore, when I was in college. In a conversation about the past and my parents getting married, Gary said, "That was when Amber didn't like me". I was so embarrassed, because I didn't think he knew that. I thought I had kept it a secret for 10+ years. It wasn't personal, it was just a difficult situation for a little kid.
Anyway, I love my parents and am so thankful for everything they do for us each day!!!
Funny story: I never knew Gary knew I didn't like him at first. I thought I kept it a secret. Then several years ago, we were all in North Carolina on a trip to the Biltmore, when I was in college. In a conversation about the past and my parents getting married, Gary said, "That was when Amber didn't like me". I was so embarrassed, because I didn't think he knew that. I thought I had kept it a secret for 10+ years. It wasn't personal, it was just a difficult situation for a little kid.
Anyway, I love my parents and am so thankful for everything they do for us each day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment